Headlight washers in action (video)

K1W1

mmm, nice. only makes a real mess of the car. Do they spray every time you do the windscreen?

That must be a pain when youve just washed car and then you just need a quick wipe lol.

I love the Octavia in the lights tho. :thumbup:

Hope you had a waterproof camera there!

They activate the 1st and then every 5th time you use the windscreen washers, per journey, but only if the headlights are illuminated.

Al.

• 3 weeks later...

I cant read your EXIF data, but judging the light the shutter speed is not higher than 1/150. You cold lower the ISO and the aperture in order to reach 1/10 - 1/15 exposure. In this condition the mist from the washer will create a silk effect,like the water fall.

They make a right mess - if i need a quick spray of the windscreen i will turn the headlights off to spray (especially if the car is clean!) :giggle:

.....Until i can get the settings amended when i meet someone with VCDS to get it to only activate on a longer spray.

Good vid though :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I cant read your EXIF data, but judging the light the shutter speed is not higher than 1/150. You cold lower the ISO and the aperture in order to reach 1/10 - 1/15 exposure. In this condition the mist from the washer will create a silk effect,like the water fall.

1/250 sec f5.6

In this case it's the effect I wanted. I was looking for a more powerful spray look rather than a silky smooth slow moving stream look.

If I want the silky look I usually use one or more ND filters. 0.4 sec f10

5519470248_b5195da1a2_z.jpg