VRS TSI

Evening All

Anyone with an FL vrs got a picture of the TSI engine bay?

I've had my VRS for a year now and have to admit I rarely open the bonnet except for refilling the washer fluid. Did that recently and was shocked to various components at the front of the engine spotted with pink and yellow paint. Also noticed sound proofing/heatshield at rear of engine had been pulled forward and wiring coming from brake fluid reservoir messy and poorly wrapped with black electrical tape. In fact electrical tape appears over most of the exposed wiring in the bay.

I remember when I got it new I had a quick look at the engine bay and thought how neat and tidy everything was and didn't notice any of this at all. The car had it's first service at Christmas and I guess it could just be the mechanic colour coding some of the parts to put back later, but to my admittedly picky eye it all looks a bit crap. I took a few photos on an iPhone earlier which I was going to upload on here but I can't work out how.

My first year and 13000 miles of Skoda ownership has been a rocky one with various problems and a nagging feeling that the car is just not 'right.' I suffered from the dreaded sawtoothing and it went back to the dealer several times before they agreed to reset the rear geometry and eventually replace two damaged tyres a couple of months ago. I still think there is an issue somewhere in the set up as it still feels like it's struggling to get the power down. I've asked the dealer to look at the clutch which seems to struggle when pulling away from standstill and the gearbox which is still notchy especially into third. Performance and handling seem to vary day to day - one day it with feel smooth and quick the next it'll feel like it's struggling.

I know this is all very subjective but driving it every day I notice and it's frustrating. It's not easy to explain this to a technician from the dealership and they have relied heavily on the vcds in past dealings, which shows not faults to support their argument that all is well. It's annoying because when it's good it feels very good and I can't help feeling that there is a great car there that is being hamstrung by some minor faults that are causing these issues. This added to the fact that 1000 miles on from the new tyres, tyre noise is once again becoming more apparent only increases the frustration.

I am now thinking that I either sell-up and cut my losses or look for a good independent to set the car up properly and give me an honest assessment of whether everything is ok or whether I'm just being too fussy. Anybody in the Cambridge area got any thoughts on who could do this?

Cheers

Mine isn't as clean as the others posted any more but definitely no paint spots as you describe. Its never been back to the dealer though.

This is my 1.8TSI........you can see a green blob on top of the oil filter when it was 10 days old and after the first service it is now sporting a blue blob which is under the hose running over it now.....and yellow marks on the hose over the inlet manifold which have been there since I took the picture........it helps on the line when the car is being put together I imagine.

My link

Edited by budgiebandolier

Any advice on posting a couple of pictures on here from an iPhone?

Use the Photobucket App. :yes:

Copy and paste the bits with the IMG and /IMG before and after.

Not quite, like this.

60949c2f.jpg

That is what mine looks like. I think in my case at least that its the headlight washers that attempt to wash the whole car when they come on but a lot goes through the grille and what doesn't streaks up on to the bonnet.