2nd hand Roomster 2 1.6 Auto - anything to worry about

Hello All,

My father is thinking of buying a second hand Roomster 2 1.6 auto - one that is proably around three years old. However, I'd like some feedback from members if there is anything "dodgy" to look out for when inspecting used examples of this automatic. My own Roomster 3 1.9Tdi has been a great little car, with no problems, but I would like to know if there are any underlying "issues" regarding the auto version.

I think I am right in saying that the Roomster 2 came with 15" alloy wheels - what is the ride like, compared to the 16" low profile alloys that came on the Roomster 3.

Also, automatic Roomsters seem to be as rare as hens teeth in the Nottinghamshire area - if the Skoda website is to be believed. Is this due to the car being a "keeper" or one that not many people buy.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

SkodaRapid136

I have had a '3' 1.6 auto (tiptronic) for almost 3 yrs. now. Totally problem free, but I'm changing it for the 1.2 dsg. due to better mpg and lower road tax. You will get 40 mpg at best from the 1.6 tip.

Edited by merseadog

I tend to find a realistic average MPG on the Roomster Tiptronic will be circa 36mpg.

We've got 2 Roomster Tiptronics for sale at the moment, might be worth having a look.

www.allams.com