Sealant/Polish Advice

Rich_N

In the summer I'm intending to renew the Opti-Seal sealant on my car. It was done by a professional detailer but I'm sure I can do it myself.

I'm going to clay the car (new in January so it should be ready for claying by June) and then the plan is to add a new coat of sealant. I don't have a machine polisher but was wondering if anyone out there would recommend hand polishing the car before sealing the paintwork? Opti-Seal seems to do a great job of bringing out the shine on the car so I'm not sure what to do. I'll be doing the wifes Fiesta at the same time as mine.

If you think polish would be a good idea then what would you recommend? I have a Race Blue Octy vRS.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

You won't have much luck if polishing by hand, as you need to work small 6" sections for around 5-10 mins! I'd suggest something to mask the swirls and fill them. Try some AG SRP, then apply Opti Seal with a foam pad. I use it on my alloys and my Dad's CRV.

In the summer I'm intending to renew the Opti-Seal sealant on my car. It was done by a professional detailer but I'm sure I can do it myself.

I'm going to clay the car (new in January so it should be ready for claying by June) and then the plan is to add a new coat of sealant. I don't have a machine polisher but was wondering if anyone out there would recommend hand polishing the car before sealing the paintwork? Opti-Seal seems to do a great job of bringing out the shine on the car so I'm not sure what to do. I'll be doing the wifes Fiesta at the same time as mine.

If you think polish would be a good idea then what would you recommend? I have a Race Blue Octy vRS.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Would this be a good time to look at branching out and applying something different?

I don't have any swirls - been keeping the car nice and swirl free :thumbup:

Good work........ :thumbup:

Would this be a good time to look at branching out and applying something different?

Good work........ :thumbup:

It could be but I really like the way that Opti-Seal is a wipe on and forget product - it hardly needs any buffing as it dries to a shine rather than a haze. Not sure on waxes, I do like sealants. What would you recommend?

Rich