Fabia vrs knocking/creaking

Have what seems to be a knock/creaking coming from what seems to be front passenger side could be wrong only when pulling off in first and second don't hear it any other time I have shook at the car when it's parked but nothing didn't know if anyone had an idea of what may be the cause

Thanks

I must admit, I have the exact same problem.

I have recently had the console bushes done and also front wishbone front bushes so I'm confident it's neither of those.

My mechanic did my rear brakes over the weekend and he greesed up the top mounts and that seems to have worked a treat.

Give that a try first.

Thanks I would imagine it being some sort of bushes I will have it the air tomorrow on my day off and see what I can see hopefully it will be an inexpensive fix as I've just moved into my own place with the mrs and kid and money is extremely tight if you know what I mean

Thanks I would imagine it being some sort of bushes I will have it the air tomorrow on my day off and see what I can see hopefully it will be an inexpensive fix as I've just moved into my own place with the mrs and kid and money is extremely tight if you know what I mean

Know exactly what you mean. Let us know how you get on with that

Cool thanks I'll check tomorrow

Rather than replacing each item on a trial and error basis, buy a can of silicone spray and starting with the anti roll bar bushes give them a good dousing.

If this stops the squeek (It will be only temporary) you know they are the problem, if not give the console bushes a squirt work through until you find the offending item and replace them hopefully it will save you buying a dogbone mount (like I did) and drop links(like I did) etc. Heck I sound like one of those old women in the mags my mum used to read remove chewing gum with vinigar

remove red wine stains with white wine, remove a cat from the sofa with a large stick etc

Quick question if I replace the console bushes do I nee to replace the ball joints

Dont think so unless they are knackered

theres a guide with pictures in the fabia technical guides forum.

Can't remember who did it but he makes it look fairly simple and you probably wont need to do the small bushes on the wisbone itself

as I'm told they dont wear out to quickly

Hope you fix your creak soon

Problem is then you will start to hear all the other fabia squeeks and it will drive you nuts

Yeah I'm hating the squeeks and creaks at the moment.

I'm going to give your advice a try. My mechanic did grease up my top mounts and they momentarily disappeared so think they are due a change.

Now I'm gutted not to have done them when the cupra console bushes and front wishbones front bushes were done.

Might aswell get that bearing done too eh.

You wouldn't happen to know the part number for top mounts would you?