The Sunroof "trick"

The manual does not tell you this, but thankfully James at Allams showed me this "trick" on one of my visits to them. If you twist the sunroof's rotary dail clockwise all the way the sunroof fully opens automatically. Yet this is NOT the absolute maximum fully open position. If you then push and hold the dail in this position it completely opens by moving back a good 120mm more!

This is the normal open position:

736770_10151365775066324_1105334653_o.jpg

And this is the furthest position (note the bolts for the roofrack to get a relative idea of distance):

imgp7076n.jpg

And from inside:

imgp7079e.jpg

imgp7080d.jpg

Thanks for showing me this James!!! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

I took it for granted we all knew that one as its been the same since the old Octavia days. :) The wind noise gets pretty bad at speed though with it in the furthest back position but its great to let the extra rays in. B)

I took it for granted we all knew that one as its been the same since the old Octavia days. The wind noise gets pretty bad at speed though with it in the furthest back position but its great to let the extra rays in.

This is my first Škoda so these tricks are not known to me! emoticon-0103-cool.gif

I discovered that feature by accident myself.

(I'm an uncontrollable knob twiddler!)

The sunroof is great fun, floods light into the cabin and is brilliant the way it opens right up.

Coming from a convertible to a yeti it was a real benefit.

Fuzzy :)

PS: Once again you delight us with excellent pics Johann!

Can you set it to "fully open" with VCDS on the "first twiddle" of the knob? :D If so, let me know and I'll actiavte it for any Yetis at Castle Combe in a couple of weeks.

Thanks. Sounds good, though as FocusZtec said it does create more noise at higher speeds. So I'm actually fine with it being an extra twist for now.

Can you set it to "fully open" with VCDS on the "first twiddle" of the knob? :D If so, let me know and I'll actiavte it for any Yetis at Castle Combe in a couple of weeks.

You can do mine...................emoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gif (if you can find itemoticon-0136-giggle.gif - the sunroof that is)

After seeing these pics am toying with the idea of adding the sunroof to my specification. My only concern is that although the Yeti offers generous headroom the sunroof would eat into it too much? I'm 6ft2" and usually steer away from sunroof options because of this.

Any of you guys think this would work for me?

Coming from a convertible to a yeti it was a real benefit.

Exactly the same reason we had the sunroof as well. Coming from a convertible, it was a great option.

4511346804_03d39dd8d5_b_d.jpg

I'm so glad I managed to add the sunroof option to my order before it was frozen. When I first ordered the Yeti the sunroof option was unavailable and it was thanks to this good forum that I found out it was back on the options list. Yesterday my dealer told me that I'm build week 14 which is next Monday!! Can hardly wait till she arrives - it's getting hard to sleep these days!! :)

After seeing these pics am toying with the idea of adding the sunroof to my specification. My only concern is that although the Yeti offers generous headroom the sunroof would eat into it too much? I'm 6ft2" and usually steer away from sunroof options because of this.

Any of you guys think this would work for me?

If you open the sunroof, that will give you 93million miles of headroom emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

being of a curious nature, does anyone know why the roof doesn't open all the way to start with? Is it in case you have a roof rack fitted and it would foul it in the fully open position, or something like that?

being of a curious nature, does anyone know why the roof doesn't open all the way to start with? Is it in case you have a roof rack fitted and it would foul it in the fully open position, or something like that?

I think it's because you get a lot more wind buffeting with it fully open, so the default fully-open position is tuned to reduce wind buffeting.

Edited by tarbat

I think it's because you get a lot more wind buffeting with it fully open, so the default fully-open position is tuned to reduce wind buffeting.

That is indeed the reason quoted to me by the dealer that services Beti! :yes:

I love the sunroof. It is a lovely bit of kit for sure letting in LOTS of light and fresh air. And I've said this a million times before as well: it is brilliant at letting warm air out in the summer when you park the car and leave the roof open a smidgen on tilt.

Some more sunroof pics:

155155_456244311323_671901323_5937922_1779397_n.jpg

74885_456244561323_671901323_5937925_5570689_n.jpg

148361_456244481323_671901323_5937924_2636474_n.jpg