Oil Temp CR VRS

Hi all what average oil temp do you get on the dot matrix,

my car normal sits at 90c and when driven hard it top over 105. Is this normal? I have a very modified Subaru running silly power that keep between 70 – 80 even when on track. I also thought diesel car ran much cooler and didn’t produce much heat?

:thumbup:

Hi all what average oil temp do you get on the dot matrix,

my car normal sits at 90c and when driven hard it top over 105. Is this normal? I have a very modified Subaru running silly power that keep between 70 – 80 even when on track. I also thought diesel car ran much cooler and didn’t produce much heat?

:thumbup:

yeh this is totally normal as mines exactly the same :thumbup:

Is that oil temp............or coolant temp??

Cos I have witnessed 120/125 deg centi oil temps without harm on a VW 1.9TDI.

90 ish normally,& not hard to push it to 110 ( in Northern Ireland ambient temps)

The coolant on the other hand never wavered (much) but this was only indicated by a needle without a marked scale

Edited by dieseldogg

Our record? oil temp was obtained on a very long Motorway gradient (& I mean miles long) in Spain in the height of the summer,when running with a large roof box, towing a heavily laden trailer tent with bicyles mounted on top, plus needless to say with the air con on in outside temps of about 40 deg odd.

And doing a nice steady 80/85 miles per hour.

I was impressed by the integerity of the VW engineering, and still am.

Cheers

M