Newbi here

gerry1

Hi folks, just joined the forum which I find very informative.

Ordered my 1.2 this Monday (28th) I was told it would take about 6 weeks, was the dealer being optomistic lol?

Ordered my 1.2 this Monday (28th) I was told it would take about 6 weeks, was the dealer being optomistic lol?

My dealer has just quoted 20 weeks for a 1.2 so it would appear to be a tad optimistic :wonder:

I think he probably was a little,I ordered my 1.2 Elegance on February 9th and was given build week 15 (9 weeks from ordering!) factor in around 3-4 weeks from factory to dealer and we are up around the 12-13 week mark which was what my dealer told me it would be.

You may be lucky, but I doubt it. Good things are worth waiting for!!

Andy

Mine (1.2TSi DSG Elegance) is being built this week which is 22 weeks from placing the order. Add another 3/4 weeks to collection making it 25/26 weeks overall - a petrol with a diesel type wait.

When does the second Skoda compensation payment kick in ?

Edited by Bassa

Mine (1.2TSi DSG Elegance) is being built this week which is 22 weeks from placing the order. Add another 3/4 weeks to collection making it 25/26 weeks overall - a petrol with a diesel type wait.

the good will gesture weeks are week 18 and week 25

Hi and welcome to the forum gerry.

I hope you DO get your SM (Yeti) in 6 weeks, it depends on the engine and optional extras you've ordered.

Lets keep our fingers crossed eh?? :yes:

Collected mine today.13 weeks from placing order

Hi Gerry welcome to Briskoda. The general concensus of opinion is that the dealer is being a tad optimistic with his lead time. I would think the only way you would get a Yeti in 6 weeks from ordering would be if it was a cancelled order and already in the build queue.

Ian

Hi Gerry,

picked up my Yeti 1.2 TSi S (No factory fitted options) yesterday approx 12 weeks after it was ordered. The shortest order to delivery I have heard about on this site was a 1.2 TSi Elegance which arrived 7 weeks after order, but the owner was convinced he had got a cancelled order that had already been built. It appears that cars with the 1.4 and 1.8 TSi engines have the shortest lead times, but the 1.2TSi isn't far behind. Having said this, it appears to be down to pure chance how quickly they will arrive. Some folk have ordered petrol models in October and are still waiting, I ordered in December and have got mine. Some ordered in February and are just waiting for shipping. It seems to be just your luck. All I can tell you is it's worth the wait!!

Hi Gerry,

picked up my Yeti 1.2 TSi S (No factory fitted options) yesterday approx 12 weeks after it was ordered. The shortest order to delivery I have heard about on this site was a 1.2 TSi Elegance which arrived 7 weeks after order, but the owner was convinced he had got a cancelled order that had already been built. It appears that cars with the 1.4 and 1.8 TSi engines have the shortest lead times, but the 1.2TSi isn't far behind. Having said this, it appears to be down to pure chance how quickly they will arrive. Some folk have ordered petrol models in October and are still waiting, I ordered in December and have got mine. Some ordered in February and are just waiting for shipping. It seems to be just your luck. All I can tell you is it's worth the wait!!

Hi all, thank you for your replies to date. I thought he was a little optomistic,still as you say it will be worth waiting for, it sounds forever though lol.

Gerry

My dealer has just quoted 20 weeks for a 1.2 so it would appear to be a tad optimistic :wonder:

dds,

are you still waiting for yours to arrive? I got mine on Wednesday at Henrys. If you see an aqua blue bombing about in the east end, it'll be me!!