Delivery Times - from Skoda UK

Amazing what you get up to when you have months to wait for your car, anywho I just had a read through of the Skoda Annual Report and it is interesting that Skoda produced fewer cars in 2010 than in 2009, yes they CUT production which does seem a little odd given the waiting times we are being given. I wonder if the big push into emerging markets (as the report puts it) is a reason Europe is being given extended waiting times. It does not make sense that the factories have reduced output from previous years (so they are not running at full capacity) and customers are being made to wait longer and longer.

It looks like a corporate decision was made to reduce European output "with the removal of scrappage schemes" (as fewer orders were being received from Germany) and focus on getting China, India and Russia up and running. All this is of course speculation and reading double meanings into figures in the Annual Report. :ph34r:

Edited by hertsnminds

It does not make sense that the factories have reduced output from previous years (so they are not running at full capacity) and customers are being made to wait longer and longer.

If they continue to create the causes for a backed-up order book, I guess that is because they want one. Why would they want one? They may want to wave a full order book at VAG because there is a threat of closure, cut-backs, redundancies - or moving production somewhere else. Why would VAG consider moving production somewhere else? Because they are planning two new models every year from 2012 and that could require re-tooling and setting up new production lines. I think Polos are made in Spain, so we have a precedent for thus.

In at dealer today to potentially order 85bhp 1.2TSI hatch SE for SWMBO. If no mods but wanting specific colour quoted delivery in May or June. Adding Cruise control would add "several weeks" to this. If not fussy on colour of extras offered to intercept a blue one in transit from factory to another dealer :wonder:

called slowda monday for a build update

the young lady dealing with my complaint

called back as promised

with the words very sorry we ca nt get an answer

on build date for you and many customers are waiting

gonna find ceo of vw groups e mail and conntact him

if i get a reply will let you know

In at dealer today to potentially order 85bhp 1.2TSI hatch SE for SWMBO. If no mods but wanting specific colour quoted delivery in May or June. Adding Cruise control would add "several weeks" to this. If not fussy on colour of extras offered to intercept a blue one in transit from factory to another dealer :wonder:

You can also retro-fit cruise at the dealer.