skoda superb elegance intermittent wipers

hi there does anyone know if the wipers on the superb are rain or speed sensative?

its an elegance 2005

they dont seem to do anything when put in the int position, but did move once when i moved the speed lever on top of the switch

is it buggered?

if so are they the same as the passat b5 ?

do you need to remove the steering wheel or can they be changed in situe ?

i also need to find a brolly for the nsr door genuine would be good,but something that looks good but cheaper would be even betrer

also the pizza resistonse would be the tv tuner in the boot, has anyone got one and is it just a case of fitting it in the boot and watcing tv ?

Page 54 owners manual, Elegane has rain sensive wipers which actually work quite well.

Rain sensor*

– Move the lever into position .

– You can set the sensitivity of the sensor individually with switch .

– If you have switched the ignition off and on again, you must then once

again activate the sensor by moving the lever into home position ,

and then back into position

hi there does anyone know if the wipers on the superb are rain or speed sensative?

its an elegance 2005

they dont seem to do anything when put in the int position, but did move once when i moved the speed lever on top of the switch

is it buggered?

if so are they the same as the passat b5 ?

do you need to remove the steering wheel or can they be changed in situe ?

i also need to find a brolly for the nsr door genuine would be good,but something that looks good but cheaper would be even betrer

also the pizza resistonse would be the tv tuner in the boot, has anyone got one and is it just a case of fitting it in the boot and watcing tv ?

Here's a link to the Mk2 umbrella. I got one of these for mine as i quite liked the idea of having the proper umbrella in the holder even if i never use it.

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/superb-umbrella-2008-2011-22550

RE the auto wipers, how do you cancel the auto function when on the move?

Cheers,

Rob

...switch off wipers."Switching windscreen wipers off

– Move the lever back into its home position " page 54

Done the M50 thing, give me a clear road from Blanch to Tralee tomorrow afternoon. Grey 06 WX reg elegance driven by a KY man working in D. :rofl:

Thanks Hoverub,

Just too lazy to go out to the car in the rain to get the book...!! Good luck with the clear roads, you might need it.!! I'm on the road to Killarney, Fermanagh, Donegal and Limerick this weekend. 05MH Black MK1 ED100..... Might see ya.

Cheers,

Rob

Thanks Hoverub,

Just too lazy to go out to the car in the rain to get the book...!! Good luck with the clear roads, you might need it.!! I'm on the road to Killarney, Fermanagh, Donegal and Limerick this weekend. 05MH Black MK1 ED100..... Might see ya.

Cheers,

Rob

No need to have a RIM failure, just download the manual here: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/121968-official-superb-i-documentation-available-for-download-from-skoda-auto-as/ ,very usefull as you can use the search function.

Wow thats some miles for the weekend, Killarney is the crossover point as I'm going to Castletownbere on Sat :rofl:

Actually I did download that before I got the car and forgot I had it last night!! As for the milage, that's a pretty average weekend for me when I'm busy... The current record for me is 1,456 miles in five days.! Talk about knackered....

BTW, what's RIM failure?

Cheers,

Rob

Actually I did download that before I got the car and forgot I had it last night!! As for the milage, that's a pretty average weekend for me when I'm busy... The current record for me is 1,456 miles in five days.! Talk about knackered....

BTW, what's RIM failure?

Cheers,

Rob

RIM failures are common in my work, Read Instruction Manual failures or RTFM, Read The Fooking Manual.

1456 miles, what did you do ? drive all around the island? My record is 990 and I d'ont drive for a living.

Ha ha, nice one...!! No need to explain RTFM...!! I dont drive for a living per se, but it is a big part of the job. And you're right, I did see the four corners of the island that weekend....! The last Sprinter we used, died at 650,000 miles, due to electrical failure that wasn't economical to fix. The engine and box are still perfect.

More later,

Rob