Finally ordered one!

endo60

Having looked at the usual clutch of hatchbacks as well as a few more unusual ones such as the Giulietta, yesterday I finally pulled the trigger on an Elegance, Steel Grey 2.0 TDI CR 2WD!

The alternatives were all very competent but were bland and just didn't excite me. Now that shouldn't happen when you're buying a new car! The Yeti just seemed very well put together and just oozes character. A rare comodity in a car these days!

I have to thank this forum and all of you who contribute to it for the information, sometimes wit(!) and the confidence you inspire for prospective owners. Many thanks! I will try and do my bit by contributing in the future.

Big thanks also to James Rothwell at Allams in Epsom. I tried my local dealer who were competent enough but who's attitude was along the lines of "we don't need to negotiate as these cars sell themselves". I got quotes from several of the internet brokers mentioned on the forum but contacted James with what I was after. He was very responsive, professional and surprisngly, competitive. All done in just a few hours yesterday afternoon!

Now the long countdown starts...

Having looked at the usual clutch of hatchbacks as well as a few more unusual ones such as the Giulietta, yesterday I finally pulled the trigger on an Elegance, Steel Grey 2.0 TDI CR 2WD!

The alternatives were all very competent but were bland and just didn't excite me. Now that shouldn't happen when you're buying a new car! The Yeti just seemed very well put together and just oozes character. A rare comodity in a car these days!

I have to thank this forum and all of you who contribute to it for the information, sometimes wit(!) and the confidence you inspire for prospective owners. Many thanks! I will try and do my bit by contributing in the future.

Big thanks also to James Rothwell at Allams in Epsom. I tried my local dealer who were competent enough but who's attitude was along the lines of "we don't need to negotiate as these cars sell themselves". I got quotes from several of the internet brokers mentioned on the forum but contacted James with what I was after. He was very responsive, professional and surprisngly, competitive. All done in just a few hours yesterday afternoon!

Now the long countdown starts...

Welcome to the 'waiting' club! Hopefully mine is being screwed together next week so the final countdown begins.

Andy

Enjoy the wait. You did not make a wrong choice in getting a Yeti. Long may they be the most distinctive car in the car park!

I just realised. Today a YEAR ago exactly I ordered my Monster!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awh! And he arrived..... the 24th of NOVEMBER 2010! But that wait was unheard of back then as it was mainly due to the sunroof.

Thanks guys. Mine will be ready towards the end of September at the earliest, which just seems a lifetime away right now! :(

Know how you feel, ordered mine last October and it is currently sitting at Grimsby Docks awaiting a transporter. Time flies and listening to owners on this forum, it should be well worth the wait. Keep taking the patience pills :giggle:

That a long wait! And I thought you "pioneers" would have got yours through much quicker!

Oh the REAL 2009 pioneers got theirs in record time. Just ask TP. He got his first two in something like 6 weeks each if memory serves! (I can't remember the exact details on timing but the first one was ordered wrong). The good old days. Mine was ordered when the waiting time generally was 12 to 16 weeks. The sunroof stretched it to 33 weeks alas.

But this forum and the PDF manual will keep you sane as it did me. Good luck.

Oh the REAL 2009 pioneers got theirs in record time. Just ask TP. He got his first two in something like 6 weeks each if memory serves! (I can't remember the exact details on timing but the first one was ordered wrong). The good old days. Mine was ordered when the waiting time generally was 12 to 16 weeks. The sunroof stretched it to 33 weeks alas.

But this forum and the PDF manual will keep you sane as it did me. Good luck.

Thanks Johann. By the way, love the sketch of the Yeti! That wouldn't work very well with just about any other car!

Thanks Johann. By the way, love the sketch of the Yeti! That wouldn't work very well with just about any other car!

Thanks. Good design in cars and architecture should be able to be recreated with just a few lines. A Rover SD1, a Jag E-type, the Sydney opera house, the Empire State building, the Yeti... all examples of things that can be drawn with but a few lines and everyone knows immediately what it is. As you say you can't do it with many cars now and to me that is what makes a great design. Something from which you can't take any element away without taking away the essence. Take away one line from a modern Ford, BMW or Merc and you are still left with 10 other lines criss crossing the surfaces doing nothing but add visual noise.

hi,well done i think mine might be on board ship, not long now.