Do i need super unleaded?

div

Hi all,

I am interested in starting the slippery slope to a stage one remap on my petrol VRS. just want to know a few things really:-

1; Do i have to use "super" unleaded or will the normal stuff do? (thinking about the cost of normal is enough so dont really want to have to go to super all the time)

2: I am thinking of the Shark STS system,as i dont have a lot of time to travel up and get it done, or can anyone recomend anybody in the medway/maidstone area of kent

3: looking around it looks like the power will up to approx 250 with most maps, how much extra have people had to pay on insurance?

sorry about all the questions but want to get some advice from people that have done it already rather than being "sold" something who has an interest

Hi I was quoted for a stage 1 ecu remap £120 from sky insurance. I said no thanks as that's too much. You get on avg I believe 30-40bhp and a fair bit of torque. Normally the websites tell you the torque you gain. I run my octy vrs on shell vpower 99ron as i notice it runs better. I believe you should use 99ron once you have a remap else your not talking full advantage of the ecu remap. After my phone from the insurance other people have told me that's the remaps are undetectable so i guess it's upto you if you tell your insurers.

Hope this helps, Ryan

With a remap you could ask them to map it only for standard 95 ron unleaded. But the best is if you use Vpower or similar..even without remap you will notice the diffrence after a couple of tank fulls :yes: !! At least you don't have the 1.4 16v 100bhp AUB engine that I do!!...these things need it..otherwise lots of long term problems :(

Then of course to cope with the extra power you need to uprate the discs, pads, suspension, bushes, clutch, gearbox, tyres, exhaust, turbo, paintwork,.... :rofl:

Edited by fabdavrav

Thanks for the replys so far.. a can of worms i am sure but who is best to go with for a remap and does anyone know anybody in the medway area or in kent?