Silvatec Chrome Indicator Bulbs

ming

If, like me, you prefer chrome indicator bulbs to the more common orange variety and in the past your preference was Silvatec, then here's my advice: AVOID. In the past I've had quite a few of these but the most recent are of a much reduced standard - the chroming is almost non-existent. These were supplied by carmodz and they have replaced the Silvatecs with other, much better quality bulbs, by KR Wehl.

Shame really, as the original Silvatecs were really reliable.

I've always used Osram Diadem indicator bulbs, they have a nice blue tint to them and to me look more interesting than silver bulbs. Never had one fail on me, tho i did have a set that failed the mot after 5 years because they were too orange :wonder:

I have read simular reports about the Silvertec bulbs on a Subaru Forum. They say they are cannot be clearly seen during daylight as the silver coating is very thick. See comments Here

I am very happy with my Philips Silvervision bulbs as they nice and bright and clearly e-marked. They were slightly more expensive that the Osrams, but they don't give a Blue look when switched off.

Pics in this thread show what they look like on my car. You've been (de-) Tango'd!

Edited by Jim H

I have read simular reports about the Silvertec bulbs on a Subaru Forum. They say they are cannot be clearly seen during daylight as the silver coating is very thick. See comments Here

Well, there are no such problems now, as the chrome coating is almost non-existent

I am very happy with my Philips Silvervision bulbs as they nice and bright and clearly e-marked. They were slightly more expensive that the Osrams, but they don't give a Blue look when switched off.

Pics in this thread show what they look like on my car. You've been (de-) Tango'd!