Help with some coding for my new VCDS

Hi, just ordered my ebay special VCDS with 10.6.3 software. I'd like to do the following on my 2009FL

Have fogs come on for CH/LH lighting (already had corner fogs activiated by dealer :giggle: )

Decrease the auto lights sensitivity

Add a delay for the washer jets for the headlamps so I don't soak the car each time! B)

Switch on both fogs

Had a look on youtube but not found much, so if anyone has any links or tips or other cool things to do, that would be great! :thumbup:

James

Hi James,

I don't think both rear fogs is currently possible on the face lifts.

The washer jets delay, i had a quick squizz through the setup after reading Wardy's recent thread, i didn't find the settings but it's on my list to go spend 30 mins and see if i can find it. If i do i'll let you know, would be much obliged if you find out before me and tell me where it is :-)

CH / LH via fog lights is under central electronics coding, go into long coding helper and go through each of the bytes till you find something like "Coming Home active via fog lights" -- i don't have VCDS here just now so expect a different name but it's in that location.

Right, been out playing with it just there. On the FL there's no option like the pre-FL where you can change the timing :-( However, Byte 20 - Headlight washer installed. Just tested it and i'll leave it turned off on mine for now. I wash my car weekly at least so have no real need for the washer jets.

I did the stupidest thing ever, to test i was standing at the drivers door and pulled the stalk... straight in both eyes. What a **** :-)

Matt, i'm guessing VCP can help here? I'll be in Wroclaw in June so i might hassle you for a cable & software while i'm over, although i see you're now offering postage to the UK :-)

EDIT: Matt didn't even post on this thread... right, clearly bed time for me :giggle:

• Like 1

Done my first full scan and got errors!!!!

1 Fault Found:

01520 - Rain and Light Recognition Sensor (G397)

004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00100100

Fault Priority: 2

Fault Frequency: 4

Reset counter: 66

Mileage: 12551 km

Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:

Term 15 Off

Voltage: 12.65 V

OFF

ON

Term 50 Off

OFF

OFF

1 Fault Found:

03138 - Input AUX IN

011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00101011

Fault Priority: 5

Fault Frequency: 1

Reset counter: 71

Mileage: 11112 km

Date: 2014.14.01

Time: 12:20:47

Any ideas? Have cleared them and they have not returned!

Looks like small beer, my last one used to trip a minor fault like these every so often for the window wiper motor, there was nothing wrong with it :giggle:

Just wait till the first time you disconnect the battery, it logs faults for all sorts of weird stuff!

RT Wiki's normally pretty good, i can't think of anything else than what they've put here --> http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01520

Hope it helps

Hi, just ordered my ebay special VCDS with 10.6.3 software. I'd like to do the following on my 2009FL

Have fogs come on for CH/LH lighting (already had corner fogs activiated by dealer :giggle: )

Add a delay for the washer jets for the headlamps so I don't soak the car each time! B)

Switch on both fogs

Had a look on youtube but not found much, so if anyone has any links or tips or other cool things to do, that would be great! :thumbup:

James

Needle staging

Drl OFF when side marker on

Higher DRL intensity

Reduce interior alarm sensor

Turn off rain on main lights ( when in auto wipers and they are on for a period of time )

Turn off 140km/h turn on main lights

Edited by alberg

Switch on both fogs

James

Hi James,

I'm interested in buying a VCDS, could you please give me your advise?

Is your VCDS delivered or not yet? and how much did you pay for it?

Faris.

Busy afternoon coding! I decided to enable the following:

Dip mirror on reverse (does'nt seem to do anything) :dull:

Emergency braking flash indicators (does'nt seem to work) :dull:

" brake lights (again not doing anything) :dull:

Use fog lights on CH lighting (works evening with corner fogs on, dealer said it would'nt!) :giggle:

Rear wiper tear drop on (does'nt seem to work) :doh:

Air quality sensor enabled ticked(I have full climate so should this have been ticked??) :(

Still not found the internal sensor settings though. :no:

Any further comments?

Mirror dip will not work unless you have Electric Memory seats

Emergency Braking flash you have to literally be standing on the brake pedal. Go out on a deserted road drive to 60mph and do an emergency stop you will see it activate then.

For rear tear drop wipe you need to go into the the Wiper settings as well. From memory this is in the Central Convenience or Central Electric module. When you get to the point where you can select long coding then there is a drop down menu to select which controller you want to long code. The front can also have Tear drop wipe ;)

Not sure about air quality sensor but i would assume it should be if you have dual zone climate control.

Didn't realise you could activate the brake lights to flash under emergency braking too, I thought it was just the activation of the hazard lights.

I once was behind a Vauxhall Vectra that crashed in front of me, his rear high level LED brake light pulsed really fast during the heavy braking just before impact, it worked as I also very quickly hit the brakes :giggle:

I'd be keen to understand how you were able to determine yours weren't working, did you have someone following you?

The indicators did'nt flash so that's how I assumed they were not working. I went up to 50 then did a hard brake but the ABS did'nt kick in, did'nt have the heart to really go mad. I unticked the brake flash in case it was clashing so might re tick it and try it somewhere else. I did tick the rear tear drop but after giving it a squirt and one wipe that was it.

I also unticked the numberplate cold check and tried LEDs again but they still throw up a warning. :(

I don't know about the brake light flash as i won't get my FL vRS till Mid June. But you really do have to be anchoring on for the Hazards to come on.

Yes that is true. Once I did a full break to scare my kid, just a joke, and pressed on break and kept it their.

Onced stoped the hazard lights came on flashing and only disable after pressing the hazard button.

Their´s the option on VCDS for break or blinker or both.

Mine at the time had the break hazard ticked, but was the blinkers that came on.

Mine has the week 22/2010 changes.

Edited by alberg

1 Fault Found:

03138 - Input AUX IN

011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00101011

Fault Priority: 5

Fault Frequency: 1

Reset counter: 71

Mileage: 11112 km

Date: 2014.14.01

Time: 12:20:47

This is nothing to worry about. Its caused by having a 3.5mm jack lead plugged into the jack socket in the arm rest but nothing on the other end of the lead.

• 1 year later...

Needle staging

Drl OFF when side marker on

Higher DRL intensity

Reduce interior alarm sensor

Turn off rain on main lights ( when in auto wipers and they are on for a period of time )

Turn off 140km/h turn on main lights

Any more info on how to do that last one? "turn off 140km/h turn on main lights"?

Holy thread revival Rob! Anyone would think you'd got a new motor ;)

Do remember seeing that 140Km/h option in the dim and distant past; not sure if it's an FL option though?

You can turn off the headlight washers eh? Think I'll do this as I'd prefer them not to activate at all.

Also, tear drop - can't stick that! One of the first things I turned off! haha

Not sure for full de-activation on a pre-FL, never gone looking for the setting. But you could always enter a really high setting for the timing, with the result that you'd never activate the screenwash for that long :)

Try 10000ms or something :D