Skip to content

HEAD GASKET AND TORQUE SETTINGS FOR 1.3 FELICIA MPI

Featured Replies

HELLO,

I HAVE A FELICIA 1.3 MPI WITH A BLOWN HEAD GASKET ,ARE ANY SPECIAL TOOLS REQUIRED TO CHANGE IT ( IE SPECIAL HEAD BOLT SOCKET)AND WHAT IS THE HEAD BOLT TORQUE SETTINGS AND ORDER OF TIGHTENING ,AND SHOULD THE BOLTS BE CHANGED.ALSO WHAT ARE THE COLD VALVE CLEARANCES,

MANY THANKS PETER.

Hi been a while with out a skoda so a cant find my manual but when i did mine it was no speacil tools.

just dont forget to be careful with the HEAD !!!!

It sayes something about the bores been steel liners into a alloy block and if you dont keep preasure on the bores they lift up off there rubber o ring seals and never reseat till you replace the o rings.

I would get a SKODA FELICIA HAYNES MANUAL M to X REG 1995 to 2001 and have a read there only about a tenner ebay

lot cheaper than getting new bore o rings.

I un did the head bolts then did them back up with very little preasure hit the head with a lump of WOOD AND A HAMER EG BIG HEAVY ONE. THIS WAS THE BRAKE THE SEAL WITH BORES HEAD GASKET SO THERE DONT LIFT THE BORE OFF O RING THEN reundo the head bolts take off head.

So it said make straps across the bores when the heads off i was lazy I got a bit of WOOD the right size and just put a flat socket set box and big heavy square tool box on that.

Right now the bores have preasure acting down on them I sent the head off to be skimed as there do bend light a banna curves ) got it back reasemble. ps I not a exspert just my experince. Good luck..

Bolts are not stretch, so don't need to be changed. Tool for the main bolts is a 10mm allen. Torque I don't remember exactly offhand, but it's a light torque setting and then 2 or 3 angle tightening stages - I think 90 degrees, but someone will have actual figures. Bolt pattern is a spiral starting from the middle, something like this:

8 4 1 5 9

7 3 2 6 10

then there are the front 4 nuts under the spark plugs.

Be careful when you pull the head off not to disturb the liners, or to turn the engine over without the head in place (as this will dislodge them unless you have them clamped in place - I do it with some M10 bolts and square plate washers).

Clearances depend on the pushrods you have in place - I think they're .25 and .3, but this is all off the top of my head, so probably wrong...

As said above, go buy a manual! :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.