Wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo

I've sat in my new Superb :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Got a call from the dealer this afternoon, my Superb arrived today. Managed to call in on the way home and see it in all it's protective wrapping... AND IT HAD AN UMBRELLA IN THE BOOT B) B) B)

Chose my new registration and agreed collection on Saturday morning.

I CAN'T WAIT :D :D :D

I have had delivery confirmed for mine this Friday- will try to post before you get yours, just to make you :envy:

These last few days are dragging though!

Oh stop this :yawn:

I was fine waiting for another couple of weeks for mine, till you lot started this :finger:

Ah but when your's arrives, ours will be old (well 2 weeks old anyway) :giggle:

True, but would like mine to arrive while the weather is so nice, just a couple of days without the need to clean that black paint would be great!

Yeah, I just couldn't decide on the colour... white or steel grey... so the dealer said he'd surprise me :giggle:

I was impressed with the level of protection. OK, so it's not a full cover like Audi TT's used to have, but then it's the little things like the tape on the inside of the drivers door handle, to make sure the delivery driver's nails don't scratch the door. There's also some protection around the door pull, again on the driver's side, to remove the risk of grubby prints on the door.

Yeah, I just couldn't decide on the colour... white or steel grey... so the dealer said he'd surprise me :giggle:

I was impressed with the level of protection. OK, so it's not a full cover like Audi TT's used to have, but then it's the little things like the tape on the inside of the drivers door handle, to make sure the delivery driver's nails don't scratch the door. There's also some protection around the door pull, again on the driver's side, to remove the risk of grubby prints on the door.

I've watched this over the years, in 1981 I worked for Datsun, these were waxed, then in 1983 I worked in a VX dealer, and they had nothing on them, they used to really need claying infact, then a few years on it was VAG, these had wax on them that needed steam cleaning, and now it's a full plastic wrap, progress eh.

I've watched this over the years, in 1981 I worked for Datsun, these were waxed, then in 1983 I worked in a VX dealer, and they had nothing on them, they used to really need claying infact, then a few years on it was VAG, these had wax on them that needed steam cleaning, and now it's a full plastic wrap, progress eh.

There are systems being looked at to basically put a car through a "carwash" which sprays a protective Polyurethane coating over the complete top surface of the vehicle. It can later be pulled of in "one" go and hey presto the beauty is revealed! Not sure if it will ever happen though.... cost now-a-days (thanks to oil prices) & technical demands.

Great news and your car looks great despite it's clothing! Been away a few days, no internet, checked my status upon getting home and mine's released for shipping, hope it's a fast boat that it gets loaded on to!

Got a call from the dealer this afternoon, my Superb arrived today. Managed to call in on the way home and see it in all it's protective wrapping... AND IT HAD AN UMBRELLA IN THE BOOT B) B) B)

Meant to say- if you fold the umberella down it is will fit the rear nearside passanger door holder, so you can free up space in the boot :giggle:

Just jealeous reaaly as my S wont have Umberella- however I didnt buy the cart for something I peronally would never use (being a slaphead rain isnt an issue):rock:

nearly time to :dance::party:

I'm not purchasing from my local stealer as they're rubbish, so when it's released from Grimsby it'll be heading to Mansfield! I think the fly in the ointment will be bank holidays and dock/delivery company working patterns.... Might chase the dealer next week or when I have a status saying in gb!