pos water leak to nsr door

hi all

it may be nothing

BUT on saturday it rained in crawley on a biblical scale

so on monday evening, just now, i checked all about the car and was a bit concerned to see water sitting on top of the NSR DOOR RUBBER SEAL just over the inside sill trim

i have slightly pulled the top of the rubber seal away from the inner sill trim and its wet at the speaker end

i have already done the wiring and plenum leak and thought i'd done this for good !!

so now what??

do i need new parts,

where or how does the water come in and is this a known fault or topic? so could someone point me in the right direction?

and why only at the speaker end of the door and approx 2inch in length?

will there now be a new puddle in the footwell, as i havent looked or had the time yet,

what do i do now, new ..........??

and will this have done any damage to the already repaired loom?

Edited by strongmanatforrestgym

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue ... although mine was the drivers door.

I can see water is pooling between the bottom of the door and the seal, so I may well drill a small drainage hole through the rubber so the water won't pool.

Edited by allclownsareevi

I have the same issue ... although mine was the drivers door.

I can see water is pooling between the bottom of the door and the seal, so I may well drill a small drainage hole through the rubber so the water won't pool.

hi there

i thought of the same thing but opted for a cure,by drilling the seal you dont stop water from getting in, you just divert it, until that hole gets blocked and you start again, the problem is the seal between the door and the removable panel that all the bits are bolted to inside, best remove and re seal for a permanent repair,it is the same smaller version of the pollen housing seal running around the metal panel,and we all know how good that is at keeping water out!) i had to do it to all my doors as once i knew i just couldnt leave it alone and didnt want any more water in the footwells!

best regards and keep your feet dry!

i posted a link a while back about this but im struggling to find it again, it was on the seat cupra site, this is a fault that affects all modern cars with this type of door inner frame aperture regardless of cost or marque , remove the card, then look down the length of the door with it nearly closed and you will see a perfect route in for mr water an misses headache, easy repair, and if your door cards have been off in the past to do a regulator or other work in the door then theres a very good chance this seal is now kerputten either way its life expectancy is minimal,remove and re seal with a good low modulus mastic and refit.

let me know how you got on.

Edited by strongmanatforrestgym

well done techie

this is pretty much the same as i posted with great pictures and idiot proof destructions, i think i posted mine to somebody rather than listing it on the site now i think about it

again, good job