Can mpg be changed to L/100km with vag?

krtk0

Hi,

may be it's a stupid or naive question, but is it possible to make the car display fuel consumption in litres/100km rather than mpg? Don't know whether this is just down to ecu settings or it's the car itself - ecu sw, display etc.

thanks guys

thanks for your reply, not sure however what is MaxiDot settings. I am new to Octavia, just got a 2nd one recently. It's Octavia I Ambiente. could you give a little more details please.

Googled a bit, seems to me the maxidot thingy is some kind of menu on the center display. I don'thave that though, it's 2002 Octavia, It only has the small display under the rpm gauge.

It may be a bit of trial and error, but on newer cars (10 & 60 plate cars) with maxidot, when you change the cars country to (for example) Australia it defaults to litres/100KM - this can then be changed back in the maxidot (when you have it :giggle: )

For the country change it's under 17-Instruments.

thanks guys, it worked!

well sort of :) the odometer now shows 'km' and value in kms, but the consumption display still says 'MPG miles' , but shows in l/100km. So perhaps a specific display is required too, but i am ok with what i got. thanks for you help