The Deed Is Done!

Hi,

I'm quite a fan of doing something personally memorable on a nationally memorable day.

My son was born on the day of the general election in 1992, not that I had much control over that !!! :rofl:

When someone asks me what I was doing the day the future king of England got married, I will be able to remember in a flash!!

I was at my local SKODA dealers signing the order for a new Superb :party::dance::rofl:

I've gone for the Elegance Combi 2.0 TFSI DSG Petrol in Amethyst with Ivory leather and black carpets and the following options:

Panoramic sunroof

Electric boot

Uprated stereo

Park Assist

Kessy

3 spoke steering wheel with paddles (I know, I know, it's the child in me!!)

Hill hold

Sunset Glass

4x heated seats

Partition boot floor

Space saver spare wheel

Wood inserts

Luna's (if we can get them)

Heated screen and washer nozzles.

Various mats, mudguards, and dog guard!!

Have also asked for delivery start of Sept to pick up new 61 plate!!

If I'm excited now, which I am, I'm going to be in bits come the end of August!!

And SKODA have even been kind enough to pay the VAT. :D:thumbup:

Hi,

I'm quite a fan of doing something personally memorable on a nationally memorable day.

My son was born on the day of the general election in 1992, not that I had much control over that !!! :rofl:

When someone asks me what I was doing the day the future king of England got married, I will be able to remember in a flash!!

I was at my local SKODA dealers signing the order for a new Superb :party::dance::rofl:

I've gone for the Elegance Combi 2.0 TFSI DSG Petrol in Amethyst with Ivory leather and black carpets and the following options:

Panoramic sunroof

Electric boot

Uprated stereo

Park Assist

Kessy

3 spoke steering wheel with paddles (I know, I know, it's the child in me!!)

Hill hold

Sunset Glass

4x heated seats

Partition boot floor

Space saver spare wheel

Wood inserts

Luna's (if we can get them)

Heated screen and washer nozzles.

Various mats, mudguards, and dog guard!!

If I'm excited now, which I am, I'm going to be in bits come the end of August!!

And SKODA have even been kind enough to pay the VAT. :D:thumbup:

Hi

Sounds Great (trying hard not to use the word Superb!)

Why go for such a rather basic spec? :giggle: , no other options temp you? :think:

Would have liked Pano roof but not available when I ordered mine :swear:

So begins the looooooooog wait.

Why go for such a rather basic spec? :giggle: , no other options temp you? :think:

LoL, :giggle: Figured as this is my first new car I should go for it. :D

Must admit they were more ticks than not on the options sheet!!

There will be no danger of it arriving in time for a 11 plate I reckon, as for the beginning of September .... unless the petrols are being build in just over 3 months (adding 3 weeks from the factory to being ready to collect) I would think you may be waiting a little longer.

Does sound a nice spec though :thumbup:

There will be no danger of it arriving in time for a 11 plate I reckon, as for the beginning of September .... unless the petrols are being build in just over 3 months (adding 3 weeks from the factory to being ready to collect) I would think you may be waiting a little longer.

Does sound a nice spec though :thumbup:

Dealer suggested about 4 months for petrol, not too bothered, start of September as a minimum I guess.

Hope I don't have to wait too long :'(

My dealer was quoting under 12 weeks for a petrol Superb Combi. I too am looking at a 2.0 TFSI Elegance with not quite as full a spec as yours, but not far off. I'm just waiting to see if they can give me a sensible price for my XF - a bit of an odd trade but I am no longer doing a 110-mile daily commute and could do with something more versatile and roomy both for our new dog and my future business ventures. However it is by no means a done deal as the XF is not *that* impractical, residuals are strong and it's more economical than the Superb - not to mention faster!

If Fish Bros do come up with the goods, I will then have the dilemma of:

Amethyst/Ivory (my default choice)

Candy While/Onyx (one on the forecourt which looked very smart)

Petrol Blue/Ivory (smart but the XF is Indigo/Barley)

Steel Grey/Ivory (nice but lots out there)

I won't be going for wood though - I like the aluminium and after being surrounded by burr walnut veneered tulipwood, I will accept no imitations!

Mark

My dealer was quoting under 12 weeks for a petrol Superb Combi. I too am looking at a 2.0 TFSI Elegance with not quite as full a spec as yours, but not far off. I'm just waiting to see if they can give me a sensible price for my XF - a bit of an odd trade but I am no longer doing a 110-mile daily commute and could do with something more versatile and roomy both for our new dog and my future business ventures. However it is by no means a done deal as the XF is not *that* impractical, residuals are strong and it's more economical than the Superb - not to mention faster!

If Fish Bros do come up with the goods, I will then have the dilemma of:

Amethyst/Ivory (my default choice)

Candy While/Onyx (one on the forecourt which looked very smart)

Petrol Blue/Ivory (smart but the XF is Indigo/Barley)

Steel Grey/Ivory (nice but lots out there)

I won't be going for wood though - I like the aluminium and after being surrounded by burr walnut veneered tulipwood, I will accept no imitations!

Mark

Mark,

Funnily enough one of the alternatives I was looking at was the 3.0D XF!!

Amethyst is the current choice but am also interested in the petrol blue, haven't seen anything other than a blob of colour on a web page to assess, neither has the dealer. Have a nagging feeling that the Mocca (soon to be unavailable I believe) would also be good with Ivory.

Personally I prefer the ivory with the wood, imitation or not, over the silver, would have loved if it was real.

Main reason for choosing the SKODA over the competition was value for money. I could get new what would be potentially three years old for the premium marques.

The 2.0 TFSI is so new I haven't seen one to drive but I have tested the V6 and the 170 Diesel with DSG.

The Octavia has a similiar engine in the VRS as the one I've chosen, that is supposed to be excellent.

What finally swung it was the Pay No VAT deal which has saved me a, not insignificant, amount of money and as I only do about 15k p.a. it would take a long time to recover the difference compared to the diesel.

Good luck, however it pans out!!

Steve

Just a small point.

It is not a space-saver spare. It's a full-size steel spare.

Enjoy. You will!

Phil

That depends on what size wheels and tyres you car is fitted with.

On a greenline running 205/55/16 then it is a full sized wheel and tyre (but IIRC it's not an option available to be ordered on a greenline)

However if you have for example an Elegance running 225/40/18 tyres then it is certainly not "full sized" (compared to the rest of them).

Mark,

Funnily enough one of the alternatives I was looking at was the 3.0D XF!!

Good luck, however it pans out!!

Steve

Thanks - glad it's not just me who talks about Jaguar and Skoda in the same sentence! I assume you got on OK with the DSG and that the 170TDI is the 6-speed the same as the 2.0 TFSI?

Mark

Thanks - glad it's not just me who talks about Jaguar and Skoda in the same sentence! I assume you got on OK with the DSG and that the 170TDI is the 6-speed the same as the 2.0 TFSI?

Mark

Both the V6 and the TDI were 6 speed DSG, impressed by both although personally I did feel it suited the TDI slightly better, in the 20 min test drives I had anyway. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

That depends on what size wheels and tyres you car is fitted with.

On a greenline running 205/55/16 then it is a full sized wheel and tyre (but IIRC it's not an option available to be ordered on a greenline)

However if you have for example an Elegance running 225/40/18 tyres then it is certainly not "full sized" (compared to the rest of them).

My Audi has spacesaver. A pain the backside. 50mph limit. The Superb spare does not have that limitation.

The circumference of the spare tyre is full-size albeit on a smaller steel rim.

Phil

My Audi has spacesaver. A pain the backside. 50mph limit. The Superb spare does not have that limitation.

The circumference of the spare tyre is full-size albeit on a smaller steel rim.

Phil

Doesn't it? my 16" steel spare wheel has a 50mph speed limit sticker on it.

I agree that the circumference of a 205/55/16 is very close to a 225/40/18 (only a 0.84% difference) but this is enough to set the TPM off.

Incidentally I tried to get my 225/40/18 into the spare wheel well (I have the variable boot floor as well - not sure if this makes a difference?) and it would not quite fit into the wheel well as it caught the trim at the rear of the wheel well first, it may fit if you put the rear edge in first and then drop the front edge in, but with the variable boot floor this is a hassle as the floor gets in the way.

With a punctured tyre - the only time I would need to fit the 225/40/18 into the wheel well, I imagine it would go in OK.

Doesn't it? my 16" steel spare wheel has a 50mph speed limit sticker on it.

I agree that the circumference of a 205/55/16 is very close to a 225/40/18 (only a 0.84% difference) but this is enough to set the TPM off.

Incidentally I tried to get my 225/40/18 into the spare wheel well (I have the variable boot floor as well - not sure if this makes a difference?) and it would not quite fit into the wheel well as it caught the trim at the rear of the wheel well first, it may fit if you put the rear edge in first and then drop the front edge in, but with the variable boot floor this is a hassle as the floor gets in the way.

With a punctured tyre - the only time I would need to fit the 225/40/18 into the wheel well, I imagine it would go in OK.

The Sport Contact 2 spare is V rated. Up to 149 mph

Phil

I appreciate what the tyre is rated to, the reason they put the 50mph sticker on the wheel is because you would be using 2 different sized tyres, in width, profile and diameter on the same axle, which makes the handling and braking compromised, hence they put a speed limit on the wheel/tyre.

Dealer suggested about 4 months for petrol, not too bothered, start of September as a minimum I guess.

Hope I don't have to wait too long :'(

After reading all the problems on delivery times I was quite concerned when I ordered mine, need not have worried. Elegance 1.8TSi DSG Combi, Steel Grey with quite a few extras, not the roof though.

Ordered Week 8, 24 Feb.

Build week 19, confirmed by dealer after 3 weeks, although this was proposed build week ie: not confirmed.

Left factory week 19

At dealer week end of week 20. No idea how this was so fast.

Pick up on 24 May, start of week 21.

So under 13 weeks.

After reading all the problems on delivery times I was quite concerned when I ordered mine, need not have worried. Elegance 1.8TSi DSG Combi, Steel Grey with quite a few extras, not the roof though.

Ordered Week 8, 24 Feb.

Build week 19, confirmed by dealer after 3 weeks, although this was proposed build week ie: not confirmed.

Left factory week 19

At dealer week end of week 20. No idea how this was so fast.

Pick up on 24 May, start of week 21.

So under 13 weeks.

I've now been given a build week of 2nd week of July (week 28), dealer anticipates early August delivery, he's going to do what he can to stretch registration to start of Sept as agreed at time of order.

I appreciate what the tyre is rated to, the reason they put the 50mph sticker on the wheel is because you would be using 2 different sized tyres, in width, profile and diameter on the same axle, which makes the handling and braking compromised, hence they put a speed limit on the wheel/tyre.

Gotcha, but no 50mph sticker on mine, but point takenemoticon-0148-yes.gif

Phil