Rover 45 in a bad way! *pics*

jamesk656

well i was tasked with cleaning up my grandparents V reg rover 45 2l diesel so that they can sell it, was looking a little sorry for itself as it had been sitting in the drive in deepest darkest Cornwall for nearly a year.

After fitting a new battery a getting it going i started the long process.

When i arrived

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

First wash

DSC00746.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

Second wash, Clayed, polish going on

DSC00756.jpg

buffed and polished left me with this

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

Polished/not polished

DSC00749.jpg

Beading

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00755.jpg

Not too bad a turn out for a car with mould and mildew grime all over it, tomorrow i will be washing the excess polish off of it and giving it another wash and hopefully by the end of the day it will be sealed waxed and on auto trader!!!

Also i would like to add it was all done by hand as i dont have a machine polisher up here with me at uni!! arm is now aching somewhat!

Edited by jamesk656

that is my granddads 1957 Commer ex army truck, she's abit beat up and rusting but he hasn't had the time to keep it on the road for the past few years, also only has a top speed of 40ish and does about 3mpg! Petrol too!

That is so cool. You should get that bad boy up and running! I like it when older folk just have cars sitting around in their garden. At one of my previous houses (or actually it was my parents house) my neighbour had one of my most loved cars just sitting in his garden. A W126 Mercedes 560SEL that he bought as an ex-demo in 1992 and just stopped using it in 1998 and left it there. Had no inclination to get it running as to him it was just his old car that wasn't worth anything but couldn't be bothered to get rid of it. I'd have happily got it up and running and looked after it if I could have driven it every now and again!

Great work if it's all done by hand and I am sure the end results will be worth all the hard work, here's hoping they get a few quid for it...... :thumbup:

Love the pic above as well........ :yes: