Bonnet lifters

guys im thick and crap emoticon-0136-giggle.gif i just got Bodies lifters

what bolt holes do i use? is it the bonnet bolt nearest to the front of the car? (highest is bonnet open0

and do they go fat side up when bonnet is open emoticon-0143-smirk.gif

i thought id double check 1st emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Right use the top bolt on the hinge and the middle 10mm bolt that hold quarter panel on...the fat part is on the bottom rod attaches to bonnet...you may have to grind a bit off ball socket end to stop it from arcing out when it opens full...Bowders1 has pics somewhere of his....

hi you wont need to do any grinding just pop the threaded bits out by removing the spring clip screw into the bonnet where the hindge is (one nearest front of bonnett the place strut on fat bit at bottom and then check which screw from wing you will need to remove (think its the one near enough in line with airbox)

jus been out n looked if you look at headlight along the inner wing top it was on my vRS the second colour coded nut (or third one down from the windscreen)

get a piccy up when your done as I never did and already starting to feal like I have made the wrong choice in selling :(

Here is a few pics of mine.

I had to grind mine little and bend slightly. Most do need to do this unless you go for the expensive ones or Milotec ones. So if yours do not well played.

SkodaBonnetlifters001.jpg

SkodaBonnetlifters002.jpg

SkodaBonnetlifters003.jpg

SkodaBonnetlifters005.jpg

Cool guys B) i will get them on when lil un gived me some spare mins lol

Being off bodies any shape change is done im guessing :smirk: surly if was fine on 1 octy they should be fine on mine :smirk: Ish... lol

Cool guys B) i will get them on when lil un gived me some spare mins lol

Being off bodies any shape change is done im guessing :smirk: surly if was fine on 1 octy they should be fine on mine :smirk: Ish... lol

Yep you should have no issues then :thumbup: , I just assumed you got these new, and experience tells me not many fit from the box without messing about.

SkodaBonnetlifters003.jpg

Could I ask has bolting it to the wing caused some corrosion or is that just a bit of a dirty mark? I was thinking of these myself.

Aaaaargh dam car !! It had to be im guessing a t40 torque bit :(

I have upto a t30 and a empty slot where the t40 should live.... Its went awol damit

:giggle: my toolbox is like that too, all the tools I never use are in the right place but the tools I use alot are usually no where to be found :dull:

I would say I'd lend you one but your abit to far away I think

Edited by 4x4 1.8t Octy

Any idea where i can get a set from ? Really wanting to get a set give the car a wee treat :rofl: , Y did they not come on the car straight from the factory ?

Just a dirty mark and poor lighting around the area. No rust at all on my car. :thumbup:

God RUST on Marks car looool he would be out hter in a flash having it fixed......

:giggle: my toolbox is like that too, all the tools I never use are in the right place but the tools I use alot are usually no where to be found :dull:

I would say I'd lend you one but your abit to far away I think

bit of a drive im going to guess lol emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

cheers tho bud emoticon-0148-yes.gif

FFS emoticon-0136-giggle.gif thats it they dont want to go on yet, now the bloody bit to socket adapters gone emoticon-0112-wondering.gif so **** it they can wait once again

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgh wheres my stuff emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif the tool fairys have been here

FFS emoticon-0136-giggle.gif thats it they dont want to go on yet, now the bloody bit to socket adapters gone emoticon-0112-wondering.gif so **** it they can wait once again

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgh wheres my stuff emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif the tool fairys have been here

Ha Ha, I have 2 older sons that tend to borrow my tools. They are either missing, messy or put in wrong place. drives me nuts.

Has anyone done a conversion using Golf mkIV parts.

There is a bracket spot welded to N/S strut top with a single lifter, and was thinking along the lines of cutting one off a scrapper and using VW bonnet lifter parts.

:giggle: they are on at last :thumbup:

im going to pick up some washers when im out later the same size as the oe painted ones ive took off that are attached to the bolt :smirk: i shall then paint them red so nothing looks out of place ;) lol give it another week and they may get on :rofl: i got distracted by polish and wax :D

:giggle: they are on at last :thumbup:

im going to pick up some washers when im out later the same size as the oe painted ones ive took off that are attached to the bolt :smirk: i shall then paint them red so nothing looks out of place ;) lol give it another week and they may get on :rofl: i got distracted by polish and wax :D

I just did the same with mine, fitted slightly larger washers so the ball joints sit better and then painted them silver.