Calibrated?

Hi all so like I said it a old topic I'm looking for a vrs for my partner I may have found one but the add states calibrated by I.r.s nottm? The man said he's not sure what this mean he said it states this in the spedo dials? Can you help me b4 I buy this rs? Thanks :doh:

Hi all so like I said it a old topic I'm looking for a vrs for my partner I may have found one but the add states calibrated by I.r.s nottm? The man said he's not sure what this mean he said it states this in the spedo dials? Can you help me b4 I buy this rs? Thanks :doh:

have a look here

http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/16435-speedo-calibration/

bazaa

have a look here

http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/16435-speedo-calibration/

and this is who does it they will have more info in it.

http://www.irs-gb.com/

bazaa

Basically means the car has been used as a police traffic car

From what I've read in the past, people seem generally negative about ex-police vehicles - mainly along the lines that they've had a hard and unloved life - so wear and tear often high for given mileage.

Basically means the car has been used as a police traffic car

From what I've read in the past, people seem generally negative about ex-police vehicles - mainly along the lines that they've had a hard and unloved life - so wear and tear often high for given mileage.

I see very true but I was thinking maybe having good service history? :thumbup:

After watchin traffic cops and the such like on TV I'd be more worried about what prangs it's been in rather than the condition of the mechanicals

After watchin traffic cops and the such like on TV I'd be more worried about what prangs it's been in rather than the condition of the mechanicals

:'( turns out it's not such a good car then?

How many owners has it had? If it's only had a couple from leaving the force and they've looked after it then it might be a good one, if it's had loads then it might be a lemon

Nothing wrong with an ex police car as long as you can trace it's history.

Traffic cars are really well looked after compared to normal patrol cars which are the general work horses...

When something needs fixing it's fixed, they are serviced on the nose and kept clean and tidy.

Look out for any holes on the dash boards etc but don't be put off that is a good price and even better if you can beat them down further

Nothing wrong with an ex police car as long as you can trace it's history.

Traffic cars are really well looked after compared to normal patrol cars which are the general work horses...

When something needs fixing it's fixed, they are serviced on the nose and kept clean and tidy.

Look out for any holes on the dash boards etc but don't be put off that is a good price and even better if you can beat them down further

He said that's the best price he could do for cash, when I brought my mk1 vrs I had cambelt/ water pump change to be safe as I would with this one if it's ex police could it of been remaped? :giggle:

No police cars engines being tweaked is a bit of a myth to be honest...

They come from the factory police spec Which will mean modifications to get lights on and generally some tweaks to suspension to cope with extra kit but the engine isn't touched.

If the car checks out right with all the service history then it's a good buy at that level.

Does it have the history from the police force it came from if not you maybe able to apply for it

They come from the factory police spec Which will mean modifications to get lights on and generally some tweaks to suspension to cope with extra kit but the engine isn't touched.

If the car checks out right with all the service history then it's a good buy at that level.

Does it have the history from the police force it came from if not you maybe able to apply for it

Yeah the seller stated full service so I hope he's got it well I'm going tomz for test drive so will let everyone know, the good think is I can compare it to my vrs so I know how one should drive :thumbup:

I am just curious who told you they didn't tweak engines? I have spent 9 years in here and 13 in canada! I can tell you they are!!!!

Police tweaking engines is a urban myth, I have had 3 ex police Volvos plus a Vectra and they were standard.

The cars are All returned to standard condition before being sold....I currently drive a unmarked 2011 vrs and it has been remapped. Very quick.

Police tweaking engines is a urban myth, I have had 3 ex police Volvos plus a Vectra and they were standard.

Trust me THEY ARE tweaked and not just with remaps either sometimes.

As said they have to be returned to standard before sale obviously

Looking at previous posts it must depend which Police force you work for as the force I work for uses Volvo v70 T5's, BMW 330d touring, Audi A6 3.0 Quattro, Audi S3, Subaru Impreza and Mitsubishi Evo X. None of them have been remapped or had their engines tweeked but they do have uprated suspension and premium tyres.

I was only going by what I know.

All the ex police volvos I had were not remapped nor did the ecu readings ever show signs of of a remap having been installed also I have a good friend who is a Trafic officer and he siad they do nothing apart from uprated suspension and brakes.

It must depend on which force then, obviously the ones with more money I would imagine!

Some cars are leased and some are bought outright by forces all with warranties etc

I'd take it all with a pinch of salt personally unless you put each one on a rolling road you'll never know for sure,part of the reason they feel quick is because they are well looked after!