16" RIF steel wheel trims

flashman

I'm currently weighing up steel 'vs' alloy for winter tyres and my dealer has yet to come back to me with a price for the trims. Does anybody have any info regarding these and cost?

For the wheels I have a figure of £218.96.

Thanks.

I'm thinking you didn't see my recent post, not too deeply embedded in the recent "Steel Rims For Winter" topic..........

........If it's any help to anyone the Skoda steel wheels I just ordered for mine were as follows.

Part number. V3C0 601 027 M0 3C My understanding is that they are 7J / 16H2 / ET 45

£189 for 4 inc. Vat

The tyres were Dunlop Winter Sport M3 215/60/16 rated at 95H

£107 each fitted. Ordered by ATS from Dunlop, coming from Germany, apparently.

'Rif' wheel trims are part number 3T0601147 MHB and are £118 for 4 inc. VAT

(Or run of the mill plastic covers £12 plus VAT for set of 4 from Maccess).

The circumference of the winter tyre/wheel combo equates to a 1.2% alteration to the stock tyre (225/50/17) circumference, resulting in a change to the [theoretically correct] speedo reading at 60mph, to 59.8mph. Not a lot! This to be seen in relation to the approximately 6.5% difference in my actual (gps checked) road speed vs the indicated speed on the clock. If I'm not mistaken (and I often am) the winter tyres will help to correct the inaccuracy of the actual road speed to the indicated speed down from 6.5% to 5.3%. Still very much legal and still optimistic compared to other cars I've had, but not as bad as the Hyundai i10 I had which was way out (but, of course, still perfectly legal).

Edited by oldstan

• 1 year later...

With apologies I admit to somehow rekindling this thread in error. I searched back to find my posts from 2011 where I mentioned RIF trims - and mistakenly posted the whole thread here. Sorry about that.

The only thing I wanted to write was ..........................

On the 10th May 2011 I wrote in this thread ...... http://www.briskoda....-wheel-trims/?? ...... that 'Rif' wheel trims are part number 3T0601147 MHB and are £118 for 4 inc. VAT

Believe me I like a haggle (hence getting my Yeti for about £2k off list) and was refused any discount point blank being told how tight the margins are...etc. etc.

So if you can tell me where to get 4x 16" RIF Wheel trims for £50 I'll buy them tomorrow and be grateful for the info.

Edited by oldstan

That's a crazy price. I only paid £133 for my 4 steel wheels.

Any good suppliers of third party trims about?

It's the manfacturers list price.

Yes, The 3rd party ones I bought and referred to in the other thread. OTOH around £12 for 4 from Maccess.

My 16" Skoda steel wheels were £189 inc VAT on the 6th May 2011.

Edited by oldstan

It's the manfacturers list price.

Yes, The 3rd party ones I bought and referred to in the other thread. OTOH around £12 for 4 from Maccess.

My 16" Skoda steel wheels were £189 inc VAT on the 6th May 2011.

I paid £206 for 4 skoda steel wheels and 4 Rif Skoda trims in September.

I paid £206 for 4 skoda steel wheels and 4 Rif Skoda trims in September.

Bargin!!

How is it that main dealer prices vary so much?

I'm in the West Country so it's not as though you might say I'm paying London prices......

Rainworth Skoda, Mansfield, Notts. Also try Gordon Lamb Skoda in Chesterfield.

Many thanks, will do (and will use them as a bargaining chip with my 'local' too!