1.2tsi DSG 0-100 in what?

Yeti-RS

So i got bored yesterday and decided to time a 0-100 run (thats kph not mph).

Found an empty road with a tiny uphill slope at the end and recorded the run (badly) on my samsung tab.

My link

8.3 seconds!!!!

Thats as fast as the 1.8tsi!

I have played it in my editing software and also used the annotions editor on youtube, its hard to see exactly when it hits 100 but everytime i check its 8-8.3 seconds!.

Honest to god i didnt cheat on the run, car was loaded with seats and some crap from work (heavy papers) i weigh close to 100kgs and the tyres arent exactly at their highest pressure.

I can only reason that i drive it a little too hard, since owning it i have carried 250kgs or there abouts in weight on a daily basis making the little car struggle, done this for about 6000 miles.

Maybe this has loosened up the engine a bit?

Or perhaps im getting ahead of myself and the video software is reading the times wrong???

Whats going to happen when i take out the seats, get a remap and replace myself with my 45kgs wife......... 7.5 seconds?

I'd get your speedo checked. It must be over reading.

Most do.

Try doing 0-110kph and see the diference in time. :)

Edit: meant to edit, not reply to myself, but there you go...

Agreed. Speedo on my 170 TDI is about 10% optimistic. Go for 110kph and you'll have more realistic numbers.

You are right about over reading, but then everybody times it on youtube this way and the other 1.2tsi's in polos are slower than this.... so whats going on??? :S

You are right about over reading, but then everybody times it on youtube this way and the other 1.2tsi's in polos are slower than this.... so whats going on??? :S

What's going on is everyone on youtube who is doing this fooling themselves into thinking their cars are faster than they are. :giggle:

Maybe their speedos are more accurate.

If it makes them happy great, but it's wrong.

Why not fit smaller tyres for an even faster 0-100kph time. You could probably get it down to 5 seconds. :thumbup:

What's going on is everyone on youtube who is doing this fooling themselves into thinking their cars are faster than they are. :giggle:

Maybe their speedos are more accurate.

If it makes them happy great, but it's wrong.

Why not fit smaller tyres for an even faster 0-100kph time. You could probably get it down to 5 seconds. :thumbup:

You could check your car speedo with a sat-nat over a long distance and see what 100kph is, then time to that?

I dont disagree, but if everyone is basing it on their speedos and they are all 10% wrong then comparing mine in the same way would be fair right?.

Also my car uses the fatter 205/60 tyres instead of the 215/55, so mine would read lower then right?

I dont disagree, but if everyone is basing it on their speedos and they are all 10% wrong then comparing mine in the same way would be fair right?.

Also my car uses the fatter 205/60 tyres instead of the 215/55, so mine would read lower then right?

The width of the tyres is irrelevent. It's the rolling diameter that's important.

The two sizes you mention have got almost the same diameter.

And not all speedos overread by 10%. It can vary (usually) between 2% and 10% from car to car.

Maybe Polo ones are more accurate? other than that, it's hard to say. Even gradient and windspeed make a difference.

Bottom line ... good for a bit of fun, but it's a very unscientific methodology and any results are unreliable. :rofl:

Without a remap I find this very hard to believe. I test drove a 1,2 DSG and it felt SUPER slow sorry. It felt every bit as slow as the official 12 seconds it should take to reach 60mph (where 62mph = 100km/h)...

Maybe they dropped a 1,8 engine in yours without realising!? :rofl: And someone else has a "1,8" that is super, super slow because he got your 1,2 engine! hehehe

I seriously doubt the 1.2TSi DSG Yeti will accelerate to 100kph in the same time as an Octavia vRS TDi.

You can't be accurate when measuring the times yourself, you need one of those GPS data-logging boxes to get good times.

If you are using 205/60 instead of 215/55 both with 17 inch rims,when your speedo is showing 60 mph your actual speed is 60.9 mph.

If you are using 205/60 instead of 215/55 both with 17 inch rims,when your speedo is showing 60 mph your actual speed is 60.9 mph.

The speedo readout is not correct, it normally reads I think about 5% over what you are actually doing.

The speedo readout is not correct, it normally reads I think about 5% over what you are actually doing.

I was going to respond with the same comment, but didn't bother as the speedo accuracy had already been covered further up the same page. ;)

Without a remap I find this very hard to believe. I test drove a 1,2 DSG and it felt SUPER slow sorry. It felt every bit as slow as the official 12 seconds it should take to reach 60mph (where 62mph = 100km/h)...

Maybe they dropped a 1,8 engine in yours without realising!? :rofl: And someone else has a "1,8" that is super, super slow because he got your 1,2 engine! hehehe

Test another one as i tested a 140 tdi passat once and it was so bad i stopped after about 400 metres, u-turned and gave it back!.

Maybe there are some bad ones and good ones???

The car has been getting quicker, quite noticeably so the past few weeks, its still due for its first service.

But i do think i have a good one, it was faster than the Yeti i test drove and seemed to be able to hold its own against a mini cooper s on the straights at the race track.

Maybe someone at skoda set the turbo boost higher than it was supposed to be :giggle:

Still i have high hopes for the remap (when it comes out) must turn it into a little monster :thumbup: