A "Phones successfully paired" register ?

Just a thought...

I have been reading, and occasionally adding to, the various GSM III/+ , Android, Bluetooth topics around the place (in the Octavia and Superb forums), and it occurs to me that since Skoda (VAG generally) are onto a losing battle with their lists of "compatible" phones, and also that there seem to be many people who have worked out what parts to swap to get their phones working with their units...

wouldn't it be useful to have a register of:

BRISKODA nickname / Phone Maker / Phone Model / Country / Skoda Model / Skoda Comms Unit (eg: Columbus) / rSAP or HFP success / etc ?

There are probably some other parameters useful to people who are in the know technically, but this would be a start and give people an idea if they are likely to achieve success simply (like I did) or if it involves buying extra bits on ebay...

Any opinions?

Puss

Good idea - I think to make things simpler we only need phone make and model and what GSM unit you have....car model and headunit model are i think irrelevant as they aren't intrinsic to the phone connecting.

Ill kick off:

RSAP only (GSMIII)

Samsung Galaxy S

Blackberry 8900

Nokia N86

Nokia X6

There's already a thread on this - I'm at work and aint got time to find the thread; i'm sure someone will find it before i get back on tonight!

Al.

@ukcruiser: You are right!

I spent a long time trying to find something like this, but obviously never hit on the right search string...

Not sure how you add links to topics, but its in Superb II > Phone Compatibility List

Phone List

(hope that works!)

Thanks for making me look again!

Hope you dont mind, but I think this thread needs a little clarification.

UpTo (And Including) 2010 were GMS iii - ie, a rSAP (Remote Sim Access) Bluetooth system only. (This is where the car, takes all the information it needs from the phone, shuts the phone down, and the car itself become the phone)

This caused Chaos, as it was, and still is, a Nokia Standard. - Others, such as Some Android and Some BlackBerry Devices, are now coming with rSAP.

Cars built from May 2010 onwards (2011 models) came with a Bluetooth module, that allowed for BOTH rSAP and HFP (Hands Free Profile) to work with it. (HFP is really just using the cars audio, as a loud speaker, and of course the built-in microphone; (Audio Streaming was also added)

HFP "Should" work with ANY Bluetooth enabled device, be it an old Nokia, a 2.3 Android device, or an iPhone 4.

However, the best thing all of us with 2010 cars onwards can do, is change the module to a new(er) version. This is covered in detail, in This Thread.

Al.

Hope you dont mind, but I think this thread needs a little clarification.

UpTo (And Including) 2010 were GMS iii - ie, a rSAP (Remote Sim Access) Bluetooth system only. (This is where the car, takes all the information it needs from the phone, shuts the phone down, and the car itself become the phone)

This caused Chaos, as it was, and still is, a Nokia Standard. - Others, such as Some Android and Some BlackBerry Devices, are now coming with rSAP.

Cars built from May 2010 onwards (2011 models) came with a Bluetooth module, that allowed for BOTH rSAP and HFP (Hands Free Profile) to work with it. (HFP is really just using the cars audio, as a loud speaker, and of course the built-in microphone; (Audio Streaming was also added)

HFP "Should" work with ANY Bluetooth enabled device, be it an old Nokia, a 2.3 Android device, or an iPhone 4.

However, the best thing all of us with 2010 cars onwards can do, is change the module to a new(er) version. This is covered in detail, in This Thread.

Al.

"However, the best thing all of us with 2010 cars onwards"

Do you mean "backwards" ?

(I'm going to check my box today, but I won't change: my work Nokia and my personal HTC Desire both basically work for me)

Puss

"However, the best thing all of us with 2010 cars onwards"

Do you mean "backwards" ?

(I'm going to check my box today, but I won't change: my work Nokia and my personal HTC Desire both basically work for me)

Puss

Yep, 2010 or before, sorry all.

Al.