Fuel filter change

Hi Guys,

How long will a 07 plate Octy VRS Diesel go without a fuel filter change.

Mine has just passed 30K on an 07', and it has just been serviced. The garage said they didn't change it as it will do 60K before needing one, and it has not been changed before. This seems excessive to me.

Views???

Cheers guys

Edited by swiftstu

I do my own servicing on my own 1.9PD, and replaced the fuel filter on every service, roughly 10k apart. OK, might be a bit excessive, but a fuel filter element doesn't break the bank, and takes 10 minutes to change. Never had a problem doing changes this frequent, and can tell you that even after 10k, the filter is black when you replace it.

60k? Not a chance. It's not worth not doing IMHO.

Mike

Thanks for that. I couldn't believe a diesel would do 60K and not benefit from a fuel filter. Just seemed basic. Cars going back in soon for an unrelated, I think i'll put some mild pressure on them to change it.

Hi Guys,

How long will a 07 plate Octy VRS Diesel go without a fuel filter change.

Mine has just passed 30K on an 07', and it has just been serviced. The garage said they didn't change it as it will do 60K before needing one, and it has not been changed before. This seems excessive to me.

Views???

Cheers guys

60k miles is a bit much although it will probably be ok as fuel quality and cleanliness from fuel stations is pretty good nowadays.

I just changed the fuel filter on my Astravan a few weeks ago at 30k miles - that would seem like a better interval.

I would just change it yourself if you can, then you know that is has definately been done.

My van is just out of warranty and I now do all my own servicing - that way I know everything is done to my standards and I am not giving my hard earned cash to the vauxhall dealers - I have used them before and I do not trust them an inch - they always seem to forget something, lose something or break something.

I must add, so far the Skoda dealers have seemed to be much, much better than Vauxhall or other garages I have used.

Cheers

Dave