****e Hawks

threadbear

I have the privilege of living within 5 mins walk of the coast and one of the few disadvantages is livng under a thriving community of ****s hawks! AKA seagulls!!

They seem to have an uncanny ability of crapping over the cars within a short period of time after your cleaned your pride and joy!! :swear::wall:

So what would you recommend for just wiping off the guano? I purchased some Autoglym bird wipes from Halfords yesterday, but a small box at £4.99 isnt going to last long where I live!

Edited by threadbear

Join the club mate, I am 5 minutes from Dover port where the bu99ers like to have their board meetings before dropping their packages......

Do not just wipe it, you will cause micro scratches, best bet it to blast with hose to losen/soften then it should be safe to wipe away, alternatively if you don't want to soak the whole car, get a small plant sprayer fill it with a bit of star drops (all purpose cleaner) and top up with water, spray it on the pooh, leave it 5 minutes, then wipe, volia!

I once watched my dad clean a a rather caked on birds poo with a stanley blade! Don't do that otherwise you will have no paint work left. On the bright side you wouldn't have to worry about micro scratches.

Got a bottle of 'Greased Lightening Showroom Polish' and a clean rag stuffed in corner of boot.

Don't require water and do highly recommend the pricey stuff.

No fear of scratches have used it many times now.emoticon-0148-yes.gif

...Or some spray detailer and a MF cloth.....Spray, leave for a few mins and wipe off.

when i wash the car whatever suds are left in the bucket i just leave in, and when birds **** on your car a quick dunk with wash mitt and wipe it off!

Hello Friends, :thumbup:

is it possible that only dark coloured cars are attractive to birds toilet activity?

I've had my Octavia estate for nearly 2 weeks. I've only just seen this thread. I wiped away the muck wish a sponge soaked in car wash liquid then rubbed dry the marks with a sheep hand-mitt.

I've given the car a complete wash about a week ago. I noticed after rinsing with the hose, that water droplets dried on the body work. I think I have a microfibre cloth. Would this be good to dry the car, or would a quality chamois be better?

Frank.

is it possible that only dark coloured cars are attractive to birds toilet activity?

I've had my Octavia estate for nearly 2 weeks. I've only just seen this thread. I wiped away the muck wish a sponge soaked in car wash liquid then rubbed dry the marks with a sheep hand-mitt.

I've given the car a complete wash about a week ago. I noticed after rinsing with the hose, that water droplets dried on the body work. I think I have a microfibre cloth. Would this be good to dry the car, or would a quality chamois be better?

Frank.

You don't dry your car? :ohttp://briskoda.net/forums/topic/100112-faq-wash-process/

Get yourself reading this section of the forum!

Word of warning though - your wallet may take a hammering!

btw it isn't just dark cars.....our vans at work get covered in the stuff and they're white.

Edited by jrw

yeh mine is silver and i swear im cursed lol no joke i have been **** on twenty times this past two weeks, everytime i remove some i get **** on again, this happens daily lol they are feeding like **** lol

Hi JRW,

thanks for your comment.

Er, no. I don't usually dry any vehicle that I've washed - ever!! Anyway, I do have an excuse; I've had back trouble since age 18.

Until 2 years ago, I had a Lunar Roadstar 620 motorhome, on a Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD, approximately 21 feet long. That beast would take me 3 hours to wash, first with a caravan shampoo cleaner, rinse with a hose, then apply a product called Bobby Dazzler, which I've already used on my Octavia.

I shall study that link, when I have more time. :thumbup:

Frank.

. . . . . . So what would you recommend for just wiping off the guano? . . . . . .

I usually use some kitchen roll soaked in water which I apply to the offending $h1te, leave it for fifteen or twenty minutes to allow time for the water to soften up the poo and gently lift off.

Works for me and much, much cheaper!!! :thumbup:

The AG wipes are useful in an emergency, but they do tend to leave residue behind. So at least you clear the cr@p, but the wipes are loaded with removal product so it ends up leaving a smear on the bodywork.

Just don't take it off when the paintwork is dry, whatever method you adopt.

Thankfully it's not really an issue round here, but if it was I'd carry some watered down quick detailer and an MF cloth with me.

As for colours of cars, what I did find that my red Octy attracted far more droppings than any Black Magic I've owned. It was as if they got scared by the brightness :D

I'm glad to report that my Octavia's second wash, went better than the first one.

Better still, my wife even helped me with drying the car with a chamois leather. It looks very nice too. It is shameful to drive around in a car plastered with dried water droplets. I've learned my lesson guv!! B)

Frank.

You're better off with a quality microfibre drying towel than a chamois really, as it's more likely for small bits of grit and/or other debris to get caught up in a chamois and risk damaging your paint.

By way of example (other drying towels are available!)

http://www.cleanyour...l/prod_634.html

Hello Wardy,

thank you for the link, it does look interesting. But my wife, just like the computer - will say NO!! :giggle:

Anyways, if the car is cleaned and rinsed off, why would any grit be caught up in the chamois leather?

Frank.

Haha, it's only £8.95 - but anyway :)

A drying towel is just an easier, quicker, more effective and safer way of drying your car, that's all. Debris can also be quite easily caught up in a chamois during storage too. And due to its construction its not always easy to spot... until it's too late.

Your choice though emoticon-0148-yes.gif