Wireless Media Adaptors

simontreen

Has anyone toyed with one of these yet...for all the Luddites :rolleyes: they are a means of getting music (wirelessly) from your PC to your HiFi Amplifier.

I have been thinking of getting one for quite a while and with my birthday approaching have dropped some heavy hints with SWMBO for the Creative Labs Music Box (Ebuyer). Any comments or personal experiences?

I think they are a good idea. I saw one today by linksys or belikin cant remember and it was 80 quid in a computer shop. I like the idea of a "hub" for your house so you could have loads of these at all points in your room and play different tracks to each. One for videos would be very good too - then a central server with Wireless access point.

OOOO its a slippery slope from now on ;)

I get a mag. sometimes called DigitalHome, they do have video adapters as well can't remember any brands off the top of my head but I do remember that they are a lot more expensive and need a fast network connection to work properly.

Some of the custom installations they show have huge central media servers, distributing audio & video to multiple rooms but these tend to cost more than the average house so will have to wait until after my lottery win.

• Administrators

Gigabyte networks are in the home market space

Wireless now it's breaking past 11mps is viable for quality video streaming.

Thus I think your looking at a good present idea. If you enjoy music on your hifi but your pc is upstairs with half a lifetime of MP3 on it, brilliant :)

There are many ways to skin a cat however, even more to solve an IT problem.

If it's just mp3 you should be ok on a "slow" wifi connection...

Is the creative box the one with the fat remote complete with an iPod like interface (i.e. browse by genre' date=' group, album, etc)?[/quote']

That's the one - you're right it'll work on an 11mps network.