CG Lock

snow_muncher

Their website used to say that the CG Lock is made in Canada, as confirmed by the one I purchased from them some time ago, but no longer does. The two I bought from DemonTweaks last year were made in China and were faulty. Check that the webbing moves smoothly through the device when unlocked. Neither of mine did due to misalignment of the roller mechanism and I returned them for a refund.

I have since found that the parent group of the company that makes them has production facilities in China, so I guess that is where they will be made from now on. And maybe the long delay in the CG Lock becoming available again is due to the transfer of production to China.

Ordered - many thanks. I'm glad this came off at last!!! I take it everyone has ordered the no thrills version with no packaging for this price? Looking forward to putting this to good use, thanks to the organiser for finally pulling this off!! :rock:

I can confirm that mine is also made in China. As far as i can tell the belt moves freely in the lock when the lever is depressed and is tight when the seat belt/lock is being used.

The no frills package is literally the lock in a jiffy bag with a booklet explaining about the product.

So far i am impressed by the lock and it appears to do the job very well.

Ordered on 23rd - arrived on 25th. The belt doesn't move as freely as with the original version but the clamp fits the seatbelt buckle better. Worth buying and a good price with the Briskoda discount.

Many thanks to Oet for reviving this Group Buy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Worth every penny. Available from Demon Tweeks £45 ish. I've had mine for over 2 years. For normal driving I just remove the locking plate. And when doing track days it's a must have. It keeps the lap portion of your standard seat belt tight thus Locking your butt firmly in seat stopping you sliding all over the place. However unlike a full harness allowes upper body to move freely when not under inertia.

• Like 1