VW Shark Fin - Plug & Play?

Sorry if this has been asked but couldn't find a straight answer.

I'm looking at replacing the oem ariel on my 2004 Fabia vRs with a VW Shark Fin (Part no. 1k0035507J), mainly because the roof is getting resprayed so it needs to come off anyway. I dont really listen to the radio so its more for looks however I would like it to remain functional if I decide to sell the car at a later date. So my question basically is are the connections simply plug & play or do I have to cut/solder a new or old connector on to make it work?

Thanks

It's a bit of a pain actually...the connections are different.

Was going to say thought it was different connections.. Have a quick search theres a thread on it

Was going to say thought it was different connections.. Have a quick search theres a thread on it

I've read through a few threads, some of them said it was different but didn't explain a way round the problem and some said it was a 15min job implying it was plug & play set up

1K0 035 507 J is what it says on the tps invoice but I can't match that to the actual unit as it's on my car. I do remember that the connector looked different to the orig whip aerial connector but was the same, its a spring loaded connection. Do you have the aerial yet? If so put up a pic of the connector and I can tell you if it's the same or not.

1K0 035 507 J is what it says on the tps invoice but I can't match that to the actual unit as it's on my car. I do remember that the connector looked different to the orig whip aerial connector but was the same, its a spring loaded connection. Do you have the aerial yet? If so put up a pic of the connector and I can tell you if it's the same or not.

Thats the same part number as the unit I was going to get, I haven't bought it yet as I wanted to know if it was a simple job or not. Mind if I ask how much it cost?

Thats the same part number as the unit I was going to get, I haven't bought it yet as I wanted to know if it was a simple job or not. Mind if I ask how much it cost?

Interested in the price too!

Matt, did you notice signal degradation at all? have you got any pictures fitted?

cost £36 from TPS just over 8 months ago. Once the aerial is bolted up onto the roof the signal is pretty good. It loses a bit of signal in built up areas but i dont notice any issues anywhere else.

8d6cb8a9.jpg