which wax for red?

Funky Fab

I've heard so much about carnuaba wax, how great it is, but so many people recomend they're personal favourite.

So what is the best for corrida red (fabia vrs).

I got harly wax, but feels to soft (goes on to thick).

Been looking at r222 or dodo juice banana and dodo Orange.

Any one got any opinions on which wax???

I use Dodo Juice Hard Candy so I can certainly recommend their waxes - the Orange Crush (I think that's what it's called) might be your best bet from their range! But the other waxes mentioned above are equally good! DODO smells the best though!

I've heard so much about carnuaba wax, how great it is, but so many people recomend they're personal favourite.

So what is the best for corrida red (fabia vrs).

I got harly wax, but feels to soft (goes on to thick).

Been looking at r222 or dodo juice banana and dodo Orange.

Any one got any opinions on which wax???

I will add some advice to this little thread, firstly I don't think there is any one wax that works best on a red for example, for that matter I don't think there is a wax that works best on a specific colour eslewhere either but some products will target a specific colour.

For me the key thing to get out of the Wax or Sealant (LSP) is looks and durability, you can help this finish by claying and machining the car to ensure the LSP has a great base to bond too.

If your looking for something that is very durbale then Collinite 476s and FK1000P are good choices, if you want to spend more money then something like Zaino or G-Techniq would be my suggestion. Trouble is all of those have very little Carnauba content would you believe if any....... :doh:

So if you want a Carnauba wax then there are plenty and a few have been suggested above, I recently won a DW Competition back in December and won some Rubbish Boys Wax, used it for the first time on this Audi A5, which is owned by a fellow Briskoda Member, looked pretty good in the end:

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

More info here:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=218656

Referring back to Zaino some idea of the finish is as follows:

DSC02014.jpg

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02026.jpg

More info here:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=156952

For me I think it's key to achieve a good base to work on and make sure it's nice and durable, you can then improve the depth to the finish in your own time....... :thumbup:

Thanks for the info, luv looking at your work!!! That Audi looks unreal. I wish you made that post earlier though as I've already purchased some AG HD. Lol.

I'm into the clay baring now and currently learning the machine polishing bit.(thanks to my mate who owns bodyshop)

Hope fully I can get my fabia like that Audi one day/soon.

Gonna have another look at your links now!! :)

Thanks for the info, luv looking at your work!!! That Audi looks unreal. I wish you made that post earlier though as I've already purchased some AG HD. Lol.

I'm into the clay baring now and currently learning the machine polishing bit.(thanks to my mate who owns bodyshop)

Hope fully I can get my fabia like that Audi one day/soon.

Gonna have another look at your links now!! :)

Glad the links are of use to you ;)

AG HD is a good wax, easy on and off and fairly durable :)

Good luck on the polishing and hope your friend uses more than G3 :|

Not sure what's what at the moment but there's a few bottles of 3m in the mix and switches heads a bit.

Question - as highstyle? Is that autosmart highstyle? Cause we have a autosmart van come round to my mates once a month. Think I might jump on one day.

Also is as tardis also autosmart?

Not sure what's what at the moment but there's a few bottles of 3m in the mix and switches heads a bit.

Question - as highstyle? Is that autosmart highstyle? Cause we have a autosmart van come round to my mates once a month. Think I might jump on one day.

Also is as tardis also autosmart?

3M Polishes and Pads are pretty good ;)

Yep Highstyle and Tardis are both from Autosmart, also worth looking into G101 as an all round cleaner :)

Ha ha!! Now G101 I do use. My mate gave me 5 litres of the stuff. Use it to get the bugs, grease and diesel spills etc off the car.

Thanks for your info. It's nice to get advice off the top dog of detailing!!! :)

Ha ha!! Now G101 I do use. My mate gave me 5 litres of the stuff. Use it to get the bugs, grease and diesel spills etc off the car.

Thanks for your info. It's nice to get advice off the top dog of detailing!!! :)

Good stuff on the G101 ;)

As for top dog, I'm like the rest of us on here, always learning :)

AG HD is a good wax, easy on and off and fairly durable :)

I like AG HD, very easy to use. But if it's ease of use you are looking for and many of us are these days, then the Optimum range of products is very good. I'm currently using Opti-Seal (OOS) and Optimum Car Wax (OCW).

Certainly the OOS is very easy to use, simply apply and walk away, no buffing required. Durability is good too, I'm probably getting around 3-4 months with regular top ups.

I like AG HD, very easy to use. But if it's ease of use you are looking for and many of us are these days, then the Optimum range of products is very good. I'm currently using Opti-Seal (OOS) and Optimum Car Wax (OCW).

Certainly the OOS is very easy to use, simply apply and walk away, no buffing required. Durability is good too, I'm probably getting around 3-4 months with regular top ups.

Yeah as I suggested AG HD is 'fairly durable' meaning it's around the 3-4 month mark, best to look at other options for increased durbaility such as sealants...... :thumbup:

Ok, Autosmart van is due round this week or early next week!

What are the names of the polishes and pads (or colour's of pads) I need to machine polish car??

Don't worry I'm not going to jump straight into it, I just want get all the equipment I need to get rid of the swirls etc.

Full names would be helpful.

Also my car is 7 year old so there's a few swirls if you know what I mean.

Ok, Autosmart van is due round this week or early next week!

What are the names of the polishes and pads (or colour's of pads) I need to machine polish car??

Don't worry I'm not going to jump straight into it, I just want get all the equipment I need to get rid of the swirls etc.

Full names would be helpful.

Also my car is 7 year old so there's a few swirls if you know what I mean.

I don't think I can reccomend anything you would get for machining polishing from Autosmart as I haven't used any of their products........ :no:

As a side note, here is what £150's worth of Swissvax Best of Show looks like on a Ferrari 458 Italia:

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

Link here:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=220072

Wooooow. Loving these links!!! :)

Megs APC? Is that it's full name?

Sorry, forgot to mention that the autosmart van sells the 3m stuff to, polishes and heads.

Wooooow. Loving these links!!! :)

Megs APC? Is that it's full name?

Sorry, forgot to mention that the autosmart van sells the 3m stuff to, polishes and heads.

Meguairs All Purpose Cleaner but G101 is similar.......;)

3M are great and your best off getting one of each really but it depends whether your using a Rotary or DA, until you start machining the paintwork it's difficult to tell to be honest....:(

Dodo Juice Spernatural Hybrid Wax

OR

Bilt Hamber Finis Wax

Two products that have been overlooked...Both very durable and easy on and off:

Bilt Hamber Finis Wax

AND

Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid

Am I missing something here or have you not already suggested this?

Don't think the OP user has bought anything we have suggested yet Chris....... :thumbup:

i have a red vrs and i use dodo juce orange crush and super natural pannel polish in the summer and i use colonite 1000p in the winter as its just so durable.

what your all missing for a bargain £25 is the new Autosmart wax

Its really easy on and off and its awesome.

Autosmart is often overlooked for over the counter or recommended by friends products, but being a detailer myself its all i tend to use up until final finish stage! Autosmart comes recommended on detailing world for all you people that love a good recommendation before buying anything

I know a valeter who raves about the new autosmart wax. He absolutely swears by it.

I think people are overlooking it because they're old wax wad s4!t.

They're label is quite comical to, just says 'WAX' in big bold letters. :)

He's done my girlfriend's bonnet in the stuff while I've done the rest of the car in AG HD.

I'll report back in a few more weeks to show you how they compare.