SE Plus with DSG across the range?

helix

I was surprised, but sceptical, to see that the latest What Car summaries section lists a price for a DSG option against all the SE Plus engine sizes! I'm assuming this is an error, but wonder if they've got wind of something.

Incidentally in the same edition they test the 1.4 SE against the Quashqai and Mini Countryman. Yeti comes in the middle after the Quashqai. Generally well rated: engine gets lots of praise for performance, but predictable WC criticism of the 'jittery' ride. It seems only What Car have this thing about the ride: I've never seen it mentioned anywhwre else, including on here!

I read the article last night and have to agree; I don't know where the hell they get this 'jittery ride' from! It's a fantastically well judged suspension setup including exceptional damping ability IMO. To then make positive comments about the quashqui's suspension setup is gobsmacking. It's nothing more than average and in both the ones I've been in, the suspension was really noisy!

Wonder if What Car? and Skoda UK recruit from the same personnel agency; neither of these supposed motoring organisations appear to know much about cars and in particular Skoda's :wonder: :giggle:

As an afterthought just recently come across a BBC interview with a jurno from What Car? re their annual awards BBC News

TP

Well the Skoda prices online only show the DSG options for the 1.2tsi & CR140 at the moment

My link

I currently drive a 2.0TDi DSG Octy and it is coming up for change. I would like a Yeti but only if they offer it with the 1.4TSi engine coupled to a DSG gearbox. I have tried the 1.2Tsi with DSG and (sorry to its adherents) found it underpowered.

I currently drive a 2.0TDi DSG Octy and it is coming up for change. I would like a Yeti but only if they offer it with the 1.4TSi engine coupled to a DSG gearbox. I have tried the 1.2Tsi with DSG and (sorry to its adherents) found it underpowered.

I have the 2.0TDI DSG and it is a fantastic machine....Not underpowered emoticon-0136-giggle.gif especially with a remapemoticon-0140-rofl.gif.

Any reason for not wanting another diesel?

Yes I would love a 2.0TSI DSG, but at the moment I'd have to buy a Tiguan if I wanted that. as for the 1.4TSI DSG. I'm sure if VW let Skoda have it they would sell loads.

But Skoda are not a mass volume producer of vehicles. Not like Nissan & the cashcow.

I have the 2.0TDI DSG and it is a fantastic machine....Not underpowered emoticon-0136-giggle.gif especially with a remapemoticon-0140-rofl.gif.

Yes I would love a 2.0TSI DSG, but at the moment I'd have to buy a Tiguan if I wanted that. as for the 1.4TSI DSG. I'm sure if VW let Skoda have it they would sell loads.

But Skoda are not a mass volume producer of vehicles. Not like Nissan & the cashcow.

Going from the 1.4 TSi DSG Octavia to the1.2 TSi DSG Yeti, the performance difference (120bph vs 105bph) is not as much as some may believe, in fact I now believe that a 1.4 TSi DSG Yeti would be somewhat superfluous - I would never have thought that pre 1.2 Yeti ownership. Of course if Skoda had made the 1.4 TSi available in both transmissions from the start, that equally that would have made the 1.2 superfluous IMO.

My regular beast is an Octy vRS with 170hp but I recently used a 1.2TSi Yeti and was pleasantly surprised by its output. It's no sportscar but it wasn't a slouch either.

I now only drive about 10,000 miles PA so economics favour petrol. I also fear that diesels are getting over technical to meet emissions targets etc. so unless you drive 20,000+ miles PA don't see any advantage.

I now only drive about 10,000 miles PA so economics favour petrol. I also fear that diesels are getting over technical to meet emissions targets etc. so unless you drive 20,000+ miles PA don't see any advantage.

+1 :thumbup:

I wanted an automatic and 4x4. Only option was the diesel.

So I went for the diesel. I was doing about 30,000 miles when I ordered Elsie the Helipad, but now i'm doing about 15,000....apart from the extra 1000-1500rpm, the diesel is great because of the approx. 420Nm or so Ben of Shark Performance has put under the bonnet....I love the mid range.emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

WhatCar hates Škodas. Fullstop. And know little about cars either so I dno't even page through that rag let alone ever read it. Only good to start campfires with I'm afraid.