Towng bypass relay problem

Hello all,

I have just purchase an 04 octavia tdi which has developed a problem in that when I indicate they flash about 5 times a second. Whilst the indicators are turned on the bypass relay in the boot makes a loud buzzing noise. At first I thought it may be my indicator relay, but the hazard lights work at the correct tempo. I suspect my bypas relay in the boot is broken, would it be easier to replace the relay or remove the towbar wireing as I have no use for it?

From 2012 to pass the MOT if a towbar is present then the wiring must be functional as it becomes a testable item next year. If you remove the wiring then remove the towbar as well. Are you sure the increased flash rate is not simply down to a failed bulb as this is the usual cause.

Morning Mannyo, the first thing I did was check the bulbs, its the fact that the relay is making a really loud buzzing that makes me suspect it's broken. Of course I could be completely wrong!