Nail in tyre irrepairable

Noticed something on my tyre last night,had a closer look and it was a nail.I have taken car to a few tyre dealers to be told it is irrepairable.Picked car up last week and only done 160mls,gutted.

Tried to get a replacement tyre and they are like rocking horse s;;t,Dunlop sport maxx gt.Anyway found a firm on the web who fit at your home £150.

Getting it done tomorrow,it must be the shortest life of any tyre I have had on any car. :'(

And the second shortest life will be those tyres under normal use... I had those on my car from the factory and ended up replacing the fronts at 8500 miles... If i had been driving it like I stole it then I could have understood but I wasn't...would never ever recommend those tyres to anyone unless I hated them...

So what tyres would you recomend for a Vrs...on my superb I had kuhomo fitted & no problems after experiencing a lot of road noise of the factory fitted ones.

Uniroyal Rain Sports 2 (Rain masters)

Utterly Awesome in the Dry, even better in the wet.

The End

Noticed something on my tyre last night,had a closer look and it was a nail.I have taken car to a few tyre dealers to be told it is irrepairable.Picked car up last week and only done 160mls,gutted.

Tried to get a replacement tyre and they are like rocking horse s;;t,Dunlop sport maxx gt.Anyway found a firm on the web who fit at your home £150.

Getting it done tomorrow,it must be the shortest life of any tyre I have had on any car. emoticon-0106-crying.gif

I hand same problem 4 years ago. A week and 300 miles after buy a the car brand new thanks to my nieghbour who'd been moving junk out of his garage and scattered nails all our close and punctured one of the tyre walls of Dunlop sports. Which all four of went on to crack around the radius of the the tread **** tyres anway.

Ah well I knew the tyres were'nt that good but suppose I will have to put up with them.

When I was picking the car up last week other new cars that were there had Continental tyres on them,strange how mine had Dunlops though.

When I picked mine up she had conti's on her and I do not like them at all I have always had Mitchi....so today Evelyn (my vRS) is having her first set of NEWWWWW SHOOOOOOES :D Michelin pilot 3 sport £150 a corner fitted from Costco and from the 13th I think they have a offer on for a full set 20% off but I can't wait need them now :rofl:

Last year I was going to the ring in my old passat....two new tyres on the rear and in 100yard I get a flat.....nail through nearly stopped me from going as seh had 19"'s on and no where had them but happy days got one just in time :)

Uniroyal Rain Sports 2 (Rain masters)

Utterly Awesome in the Dry, even better in the wet.

The End

Im going to be replacing my front tyres in the next week or so,can i ask what you paid per tyre?