Remote key fob - assistance please

Hi guys,

running an 03 Fabia Htp (1.2). Remote central looking. the problem is i have had my car a fair few years and then back end of last year the remote key fob stopped working. Changed battery and hey presto works again. However the batteries that i am putting in now only seem to last 2 months, as i am now on my 3rd batter since changing.

Am i missing something here? is it s ppecial type of battery or something?

Any assistance welcomed.

Regards

HXDave

I reckon there's a problem there, certainly. I tend to always use Duracell when I've changed keys, and did a friend at work's and that's been in more and used daily for more than 3 years!

Like above - the only thing I can think of is that a button's being constantly depressed, or you have a fault within the circuitry of the key?

Could be sticky buttons, does each button have a positive click when you press them, you can't hear it but certainly can feel it in your fingers.

wardy, it's not the flip key i have, just the standard key with 2 buttons on (open & close) the fob. we do have a second key, but that is totally non remote. i am doing nothing different now from what i was doing with the original battery that came with the keys when i bought the car.

totally strange...........

I've come across this before and concluded that the battery drain is caused by an internal fault in the remote control. Replacing the remote control is usually the only option to effect a cure.