South Wales Scenic Drive

korban

looks a good drive on some great roads, maybe come to this but will have to see what im doin that weekend, where exactly does the route take us :thumbup:

Yes some of the roads are the best i have driven on by far and some awsome views too

We start off in sarn services(south wales) then head up thru the brecon on our way to mid wales thru the epynt mountains up to llyn brianne reservoir and then back down thru the black mountains in total around 140 miles :rofl:

Should be a great day as long as the weather is dry, fingers crossed

Hi all,

Taking into consideration peoples availability from the list and also with some help from Llanigraham on when the best time is due to road closures and rallies etc the date is going to be set for Saturday the 16th of July at 10 am. Hope fully we will have at least 5 cars in attendance possibly more plus its not too late for anyone else to join in.

Anyone need any more info please contact me.

Cheers

Karl :thumbup:

can we have a postcode for where we are starting from please?

I will do my best, need to book a travelodge for the 15th and 16th.. but will see :)

I think there's a travelodge near the previous M4 junction, J35 Pencoed and it's a Day's Inn(?) + Premier Inn at Sarn J36.

I need to see what I'm doing that weekend

Karl,

at work so haven't got the route here, so don't know if it will affect you, and I don't know if it applies to your weekend as well:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

The A483 Llandovery to Builth Wells Road will be closed around Sugar Loaf from 07:00 to 19:00 on Friday 8 and Satuday 9 July, with local diversions in place.

If it does affect you it might be worth checking.

I think there's a travelodge near the previous M4 junction, J35 Pencoed and it's a Day's Inn(?) + Premier Inn at Sarn J36.

I need to see what I'm doing that weekend

Yes you are correct, but for those traveling down a cheaper option is Here about 10 mins away from Sarn Services and a Full English included.

Would be good to see you if you can make it. :thumbup:

Karl,

at work so haven't got the route here, so don't know if it will affect you, and I don't know if it applies to your weekend as well:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

The A483 Llandovery to Builth Wells Road will be closed around Sugar Loaf from 07:00 to 19:00 on Friday 8 and Satuday 9 July, with local diversions in place.

If it does affect you it might be worth checking.

Thanks Llanigraham but it won't affect us. :thumbup:

this is now unlikley for me :'( I really need to get away too, but the £150 ish it will be for fuel is too much, sadly I have no money. :thumbdown:

That’s what’s credit cards are for Dave :giggle: , but seriously no problem if you can't, but would have been good to see you again :thumbup:

Yes you are correct, but for those traveling down a cheaper option is Here about 10 mins away from Sarn Services and a Full English included.

Would be good to see you if you can make it. :thumbup:

My mam and dad live in Wildmill which is closer, cheaper and still comes with a full breakfast ;)

Will be mapping it on the day. I've got a garmin cycle computer which will log the route. If you can come along it should be a good run.

The big day is almost here, but unfortunately it might be a bit wet !. Shouldn't spoil the day though but make sure you bring a jacket etc.

Last known list of people that are coming :-

1) korban +1

2) busybeingborn +1

3) Tigger and Paige

4) Dempsey & Co

5) Gaz_Vrs - Possible

6) vrsadz - Possible

7) Daiking - Possible

Please add/remove or update your details to the list

Cheers

i doubt ill make it, just looked at the route to the services and its about 200 miles so have a long drive before i arrive

so im gunna give it a miss

I doubt Dempsey will be there, as he's sold his Fabia (I have it now). I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it, but will try our best.

Cheers Recoil, I know that he sold his Fabia, but last time I spoke to him he was still interested in coming. It would be good to see you if you can make it, it's a great little drive

Karl I may now be able to get over to you for this now.

The other half has been called away on business to Malaysia leaving first thing tomorrow morning so i may be able to whizz along the M4 and join you for the day :thumbup:

PM your mobile number and i'll let you know either way first thing :yes:

Karl I may now be able to get over to you for this now.

The other half has been called away on business to Malaysia leaving first thing tomorrow morning so i may be able to whizz along the M4 and join you for the day :thumbup:

PM your mobile number and i'll let you know either way first thing :yes:

PM,d Cliff

Cheers

Karl

List Updated

10:00 Start at Sarn Services

1) korban +1

2) busybeingborn +1

3) Tigger and Paige

4) Dempsey & Co

5) Recoil - Possible

6) Daiking - Possible

7) PastyBoy - Possible

Karl you may want to delete your number from the post after the meet.

Or we can sit back and watch the flames roll in.

Also just leaving know

10am Sarn Services on M4 Jnc 36.

No problem buddy its not my main number, it off a spare phone I keep in the car just for emergencies, it normally switched off.

Yeah thats the right place, See you there

Weather should clear up later

Karl