Reupholstery costs

Stains on seats from previous owner (I'm assured they're nothing gross), tried all the aftermarket cleaning products to get them out...no luck. Settling with a set of those Halfords seat covers for now but as you can imagine, the fit is horrible. I read somewhere seat surgeons charge near enough £1k for leather seats, but that's too extravagant for me. Anyone hazard a guess at what it would cost to get the seats redone in standard fabric?

just buy some from ebay vrs or standard :thumbup:

The vrs upholstery would fit? So all I'd have to do is remove the seats, strip down the existing upholstery and fit the new ones.......darn it, no such chapter in Haynes...

just buy some from ebay vrs or standard :thumbup:

Whoa there, we don't know what spec car he has :D

If you have a vRS, Bohemia or Sport, you are limited to seat covers from those cars due to the shape of the seats, they are more heavily bolstered. Classic, Comfort, Elegance etc have 'flatter' seats.

And yeah, try the rug doctor thing first as Jase says :thumbup:

Stains on seats from previous owner (I'm assured they're nothing gross), tried all the aftermarket cleaning products to get them out...no luck. Settling with a set of those Halfords seat covers for now but as you can imagine, the fit is horrible. I read somewhere seat surgeons charge near enough £1k for leather seats, but that's too extravagant for me. Anyone hazard a guess at what it would cost to get the seats redone in standard fabric?

The seats on my old Fabia were totally filthy and manky. I tried 'Vanish' on the front seat without any success. Took a different approach with the back seat squab and partially stripped it down (undoing the clips from underneath the seat cushion) but left it attached to the foam base. Gave it a good scrub with some diluted washing powder and rinsed off thoroughly. It took about a week to dry properly but the finished result is fantastic - looks like new. My problem now is to work through the rest of the car seat by seat. Very effective and cheap but slow.

:thumbup:

Whoa there, we don't know what spec car he has :D If you have a vRS, Bohemia or Sport, you are limited to seat covers from those cars due to the shape of the seats, they are more heavily bolstered. Classic, Comfort, Elegance etc have 'flatter' seats.And yeah, try the rug doctor thing first as Jase says :thumbup:

Thanks for the clarification...mine is a Comfort. Will head to the rug doctor aisle on my next grocery spree.

The seats on my old Fabia were totally filthy and manky. I tried 'Vanish' on the front seat without any success. Took a different approach with the back seat squab and partially stripped it down (undoing the clips from underneath the seat cushion) but left it attached to the foam base. Gave it a good scrub with some diluted washing powder and rinsed off thoroughly. It took about a week to dry properly but the finished result is fantastic - looks like new. My problem now is to work through the rest of the car seat by seat. Very effective and cheap but slow. :thumbup:

:o a week to dry! If the rug doctor fails, I'll try your way. Many thanks.

The rug doctor will also take a while to dry out. Best to do it on a nice summers day though. Somerfield's are all closed now, but Morrissons and the Co-Operative both do rug doctors.