N75 Solenoid Valve?

Does the N75 Solenoid valves resistance change when it breaks? This is the case with some of the saab boost control valves, so its a good way of doing a quick check to see the health of the valve.

Ive heard that the Bentley manual for the 1.8T engine lists the resistances across the pins on the valve, does anyone know what they are?

Also with the saab ones, you could clean them, by taking the hoses off, putting a short length of spare hose on each outlet and squirting carb cleaner down the hoses with the ignition on so the valve is being pulsed. Has anyone tried this on their valve that they believe to be sticking?

They're only 25 quid new anyway, so I think people (me included) just change them when the start to stick. Mine did 8 years before it failed.

I can't see the resistance changing TBH, but around 25 ohms rigns a bell.

Is that the same price for an n75 valve for a TDI - (1K0 906 627E / 1J0 906 627A)? If do you want to buy me one?! I was quoted £42.60 (inc) from my stealer a couple of weeks ago.

Ive stuck a boost gauge on the car today and its holding 19psi ok, so that suggests that its producing the correct boost levels it should be at stage 1. If the boost is 19psi, could a faulty n75 valve restrict power in a way that wouldnt be shown with a drop in boost pressure?

Is that the same price for an n75 valve for a TDI - (1K0 906 627E / 1J0 906 627A)? If do you want to buy me one?! I was quoted £42.60 (inc) from my stealer a couple of weeks ago.

Nope the N75 valve used on the 1.9TDI is totally different to the one on the 1.8T. Your one is a vacuum control valve, which is a bit bigger in size and has different leakage and performance requirements. The one on the 1.8T is a pressure control valve, and is smaller and simpler.

I can tell you that the VAG buy that vacuum control valve from Pierburg for less than 10 Euro's...