Advice on buying a used 06-08 vrs extate

Is the issue of rear tyre wear a probem in all VRS estates or just the facelifted ones?

Tyre wear is problem in all Mk2 Octavias and much of the output of the VW group so don't panic about it.... get the alignment checked properly and on used car you may be looking at new tyres anyway. If the wear has developed the tell tale sign is a droning noise from about 25 mph which fades out about 35 mph. The design is not the quietest so will always be aware of road surfaces etc...

Thanks blackmagic, i had seen it, just slightly out of my budget. did you view the car? in good nick?

ideally i would like 17 inch wheels for our roads!

I've had a test drive in it. It's in fantastic condition but it's a long way out of my budget. I'd ring them and see if they can do any more on it for you as it's been for sale for quite a while.

Can the inner tyre wear problem be sorted when the correct geometry is found? There must be independent guys that can sort this

Yes,

Check here for updated rear camber values :thumbup: This site is also a haven for much more information.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks blackmagic for the heads up, i bought the car at DM Keith in the end.

Happy so far, just need to get the rear camber sorted out. Does the value of -1.20 stand for the 08 model as well as the facelifted model?

thanks