Exhausts?

adm

Guest BigJase88

Inappropriate suspension repairs or modifications?

these numb nuts are having a giraffe, MOT is already nearly £60, surely bound to rise to £100

FML!

Why pay for a sports cat & not use it? :-/ might as well use the standard cat if it's just for MOT's

Matt

Sports cat for the mot then put the decat back on for better flow.

Standard cat wouldn't fit a milltek system, different bore sizes

After reading that a good down pipe can give you up to 20bhp (adjusting the map) and as I would like to track the car by next summer, I've started looking into exhausts.

Just wanted to see what bhp gains people has seen with a decent kit, what sort of parts and diameters should I be looking for, any any other top tips you want to add, I like the Scorpion cat back I've got at the moment as it looks standard but would consider change it if necesserary, all modifications to the car listed in my signature.

(Before people say it, will add FMIC just before the starting track days)

Where do you get this Scorpion cat back, because i am looking for it, and i cant find it.

What would be the point in that ?

Milltek do a sports cat, stick it on for the MOT then ditch it after it's passed ! :thumbup:

1/ It'd be cheap

2/ It'd look stock and pass a visual "is the cat there" test.

3/ As long as the diesel test is merely a visual smoke test, it'll be fine.

J.

Depends how well you know the MOT guy, and lets face it a cat isnt a "safety" issue so if my mot is slightly bent because of the cat fine by me as long as the rest of the car is tested to the normal standard.

What he said. One of my best mates is an MOT tester...hmm... :smirk:

Besides, I thought there was just talk of requiring a cat, has it been confirmed now?

Details seem sketchy at best at the mo. I guess we'll find out when someone goes for an MOT on new years day :)

my MOT runs out on the 4th January so i'll be booking it in at the end of December and it will give me

a whole year to sort it out if it does come into play ;)