Has the damage been done?

Hi all i am looking at a 2nd vrs for my partner and have found one, I looked at it today and it had a bailys dump valve on it so there is a light on the dash! It seems to pull ok but could the turbo be damaged already? As the man does not know how long it's been on there for I showed him my forge 007p valve I said this is what should be where that dump valve it!! :rofl: I said I would let him know what do you think? :thumbdown::thumbup:

A dump valve won't damage the tuebo at all. It wil just upset the ECU and make the car run a bit richer.

Might need vagcom to clear the light though.

i have a baileys DV26 on mine and have had for over 35k

i'm still returning 42mpg on a run so it won't effect the fueling.

as some of you have seen the my car go round coombe you'll also notice it doesn't effect the performance either.

I have been miss told the right info :'( thanks guys, see when I wanted a dump valve I was lead to belive I can't have a bailys dump valve so I got a forge 007p valve instead, it sounds good with my cai but I thought a dump valve would sound better :thumbup:

Edited by Dylan2011

The DV26 I had was ok and sounded ok but tbh didnt suit the car, made it sound like a chav car and also it didnt hold boost like the 007p or DV30 does.

with a DV26 you get the faults pop up as the system thinks there is a leak, and it goes int limp mode, not good when overtaking or going up a hill. personal experience there. they work on full throttle ne probs but when on partial, thats when I had most of my probs.

bil