powerflex rear beam bushes

aahhh sorry matey!! only seen the post :D

As always guys if there is anything you want and you have seen it cheaper or it is not on our website let me know :D

9/10 times I can get it or sort a deal!!

Mike

aahhh sorry matey!! only seen the post :D

As always guys if there is anything you want and you have seen it cheaper or it is not on our website let me know :D

9/10 times I can get it or sort a deal!!

Mike

Out of interest Mike, how much do you guys charge for replacing the rear beam bushes (just the labour)?

I actually bought the tool for pressing in the standard bushes ( http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productid=11726&productdescription=vw&productcode=&category=6&catgroup=331&catmicrogroup=1096&analysiscode=&requiredresults=16 ), but I've not got around to buying the bushes or doing the job yet as I have naff all free time currently.

You've already changed my flywheel/clutch, both front wheel bearings and serviced my aircon the Saturday before last, so you may aswell sort the beam bushes too!

yes, very harsh in my experience. i got koni street kit shocks and springs and powerflex-ed every single bush in a car. it improves the maneuverability a lot but subtracted all the smoothness that my car used to have.

Out of interest Mike, how much do you guys charge for replacing the rear beam bushes (just the labour)?

I actually bought the tool for pressing in the standard bushes ( http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productid=11726&productdescription=vw&productcode=&category=6&catgroup=331&catmicrogroup=1096&analysiscode=&requiredresults=16 ), but I've not got around to buying the bushes or doing the job yet as I have naff all free time currently.

You've already changed my flywheel/clutch, both front wheel bearings and serviced my aircon the Saturday before last, so you may aswell sort the beam bushes too!

Hi mate to be fair we offer an all in fitted price which also includes the bushes at £270.00 inc VAT (all in job done!)

Powerflex bushes are not majorly stiff, they make a huge difference (even more so when the old ones are shot) and they will last much longer than OEM rubber bushes too :) But you have just got to keep in mind that if you are changing suspension, bushes etc chances are it will be a little siffer.

Mike :D

• 1 month later...

I fitted some of these last year. They were a bugger to get in, I used a threaded bar, some plates and spacers to get them in.

I wouldn't call them harsh, they might let a little more road noise into the cabin at speed but nothing to worry about.

It's holding the engine and front wheels on with Powerflex bushes that makes a real difference to the noise of the car!

• 2 weeks later...

thats what i used for the fronts :giggle:

Same hear.

Powerflex and superpro bushes are easy to get in but those TT bushes are flipping hard to get in as you need to get them dead straight and when you start winding in the vice the bushes start to move off center.

Will be replacing the Fabia VRS rear beam bushes for superpro soon though so be interesting drilling them out again, as like the LCR bushes have a plastic cover over the voids.

Where is the best priced place to buy super rears? They seem twice as expensive as the Powerflex ones.