Retractable folding mirrors retrofit?

Hi,

I got a FL Octavia 1.8tsi ambient, over here the electric retractable folding mirrors come with the elegane & l&k variants,

I did a vcds scan on an elegance model, the elegance & ambient have the same door module, is it possible for me to do a retrofit?

anyone has done the retractable folding mirrors retrofit?

Thanks..

Edited by insane79

I was told that it was cost prohibitive to do this.

A guy from Skoda UK was going to look into it for my Octy vRS (Long story - was told no way I could get them on a vRS, then somebody was able to so I had a moan at Skoda bout it), but the fact he hasn't got back to me makes me feel that he too has found it cost prohibitive.

Only my opinion - can be wrong .!

According to the op The elegance has the same door module as the ambient .! & the elegance has folding mirrors .!

The folding mirrors take power from the power window regulators ( from what I have heard)

And the motors for folding the mirrors are in the baseplate of the mirrors sO wouldn't it be just routing the power to the motor .......

Maybe an additional wire at the most !!

AGAIN I can be wrong !!

I asked about this on our new vRS estate - my dealer thinks you can only have retractable mirrors if you have the electric memory seats.

EDIT, actually maybe it was the passenger mirror dropping in reverse that we were talking about - can't quite remember now!

Edited by JulieD

I asked about this on our new vRS estate - my dealer thinks you can only have retractable mirrors if you have the electric memory seats.

EDIT, actually maybe it was the passenger mirror dropping in reverse that we were talking about - can't quite remember now!

The Elegance Octavia over here has electric retractable mirrors & has no power seats, so they are not connected..

• 2 weeks later...