Service Work

Gents,

About to pick up my 2006 56plate OctyII PD VRS. It has done 62k miles and the dealer is going to service it before I take it.

Do I need to make sure they do anything that they might try and skimp on? Cambelt, etc? I don't have a service book handy and google has failed to provide one.

Can someone take a quick poke in theirs and see what is recommended for the 60k service pls.

It is on variable servicing and has been serviced by main dealer at 18k, 35k, 54k so far.

Cheers chaps

Joe.

The cambelt is overdue (every 4 years according to SUK) so I would expect that to be done, rather than service it after just 8K would you not be better off getting them to agree (in writing) to service it FOC when the next one is due in 8 - 10K?

FWIW the cambelt is not part of the service it is a chargeable extra, are you buying it from a Skoda dealership? if so then I fail to see how they can sell an approved car without changing the belt as it goes against SUK's recommendations.

Gents,

About to pick up my 2006 56plate OctyII PD VRS. It has done 62k miles and the dealer is going to service it before I take it.

Do I need to make sure they do anything that they might try and skimp on? Cambelt, etc? I don't have a service book handy and google has failed to provide one.

Can someone take a quick poke in theirs and see what is recommended for the 60k service pls.

It is on variable servicing and has been serviced by main dealer at 18k, 35k, 54k so far.

Cheers chaps

Joe.

I picked up my 07 a few months ago from a Skoda dealer, they did the Cambelt, as they had to to get it "approved" as mentioned Above (IE for warranty)

Make sure they have done the Pollen filter (that's a gimme though). Insist that the fuel filter is changed, and air filter, oil, and filter (even if long life oil used) They are both due at about 40,000, and 60,000 respectively. My dealer refused to change mine (fuel and air) as the mileage was too low, but yours qualifies in both age, and mileage.

They should also do the "further" 60 or 90K checks (as professional courtesy), which is no work done, but a checklist of things such as "rear washer mech works" etc, etc

The service book is now redundant in terms of what and when, and they will just print out a service sheet. I tried arguing that one.

However check when all the above was last done, and that may explain away why they may not do it.

After the state of mine, If they don't change the fuel filter, DIY it when you get the car home. Dead easy, and you should have seen the detritus which was in mine.

Hope that helps.