VW Biodiesel statement

Hi

just came across this link and thought I'd share it with you all. Interesting how most cars in the VAG empire are not compatible with 100% RME bio, but the Superb MK1 is all the way up to 2006, which is when that 2.0 tdi came into the game with the DPF and associated issues so prohibiting the use of bio.

Also interesting how 30% bio is not allowed but 100% is. :dull:

link here

www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/common/pdf/general/biodiesel.pdf

Edited by oh_superb

Vehicles fitted with Pumpe-Duse injectors cannot use 100% Biodiesel

Also read the above line in the statement so this means that the Superb 2002-2006 cannot use 100% biodiesel.

Usual gibberish from VAG.

No wonder these things get the wrong fluids - even the dealers were putting the wrong oil into PDs.

The service book is a masterpiece of confusion - one interpretation in my book is that the cambelt is changed at 90k miles and again at 100k. Numpties.

rotodiesel.

No wonder these things get the wrong fluids - even the dealers were putting the wrong oil into PDs.

The service book is a masterpiece of confusion - one interpretation in my book is that the cambelt is changed at 90k miles and again at 100k. Numpties.

rotodiesel.

My service book quite clearly read 120K. There was also no mention of a life according to how old the belt /car was. Academic now as the car has been sold.

Jenks

rotodiesel.

My service book quite clearly read 120K. There was also no mention of a life according to how old the belt /car was. Academic now as the car has been sold.

Jenks

Hi

just came across this link and thought I'd share it with you all. Interesting how most cars in the VAG empire are not compatible with 100% RME bio, but the Superb MK1 is all the way up to 2006, which is when that 2.0 tdi came into the game with the DPF and associated issues so prohibiting the use of bio.

Also interesting how 30% bio is not allowed but 100% is. :dull:

link here

www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/common/pdf/general/biodiesel.pdf

hi all

i thought you might like to hear about a car i knew off

puegeot 1.6hdi 16 valve diesel 2005 model, bought from the west country, and it had been run on bio fuel regularly

exceptional in every way an low mileage

but at 3000 rpms and over it sounded like a machine gun and not usual diesel clatter,the main dealer said they make a bit of noise, but we can fit a pair of cams...........

so i bought it cheap!!

no signs of any problems or warning lights at all

i removed the oil filter paper element and it was as if i was looking at an old hgv diesel particulate centrifugal filter

it was a perfect cast of the filter and blocked

i drained the oil and left in a bucket for latter analysis

refitted new filter and new oil

it didnt take 100 yards to clear out the oil galleries

no more noise , no more clatter. no sounding like a machine gun.

it was silent.

the problem was oil starvation, bio fuel will leak past the piston and end up in the sump and will damage things

BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU WANT TO USE THIS!!

the car was full dealer history and only 57.000 miles with fully synthetic oils used in servicing.(i checked)

now a few days latter and at normal workshop conditions and temperatures, the oil that was drained had turned to jelly and needed stiring to break it up, looked similar in consistency to non drip gloss

i have never seen this before down here, but with my contacts around the west country and mod/raf bases,

'it isnt that unusual and people are now getting scared'

regards

hi all

i thought you might like to hear about a car i knew off

puegeot 1.6hdi 16 valve diesel 2005 model, bought from the west country, and it had been run on bio fuel regularly

exceptional in every way an low mileage

but at 3000 rpms and over it sounded like a machine gun and not usual diesel clatter,the main dealer said they make a bit of noise, but we can fit a pair of cams...........

so i bought it cheap!!

no signs of any problems or warning lights at all

i removed the oil filter paper element and it was as if i was looking at an old hgv diesel particulate centrifugal filter

it was a perfect cast of the filter and blocked

i drained the oil and left in a bucket for latter analysis

refitted new filter and new oil

it didnt take 100 yards to clear out the oil galleries

no more noise , no more clatter. no sounding like a machine gun.

it was silent.

the problem was oil starvation, bio fuel will leak past the piston and end up in the sump and will damage things

BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU WANT TO USE THIS!!

the car was full dealer history and only 57.000 miles with fully synthetic oils used in servicing.(i checked)

now a few days latter and at normal workshop conditions and temperatures, the oil that was drained had turned to jelly and needed stiring to break it up, looked similar in consistency to non drip gloss

i have never seen this before down here, but with my contacts around the west country and mod/raf bases,

'it isnt that unusual and people are now getting scared'

regards

Your main point hits the nail on the head: the quality of the biodiesel we get in the UK is truly awful.

If we could get 100% RME biodiesel such as the French use, the engines would cope happily, run smoother and pull more strongly than with mineral diesel.

My '06 Fabia 1 estate was built in the 100% bio era, but nobody in the UK supplies the RME biodiesel for it (if you know a supplier, please tell me).

The change of heart in 2006 appears to be related to the chemistry of the cat converters fitted at the time to support Euro 4 emissions standards.

There was also some dodgy Swedish research that showed that a research engine run in a lab produced more NoX on bio than on mineral diesel.

When they ran the test on a real-life engine running on the road, the results were reversed.

My ideal car would still be a diesel-electric hybrid running on biodiesel. Still waiting.