What Chance Superb Scout

So there's Scout versions available in Fabia, Roomster and Octavia. Anyone know if a Scout derivative of a Superb is planned at any stage?

Cheers

Edited by Max_99

• 4 weeks later...

I think and hope that it will happen. In the UK you can no longer factory order the Audi A6 allroad, and there is no public announcement of its replacement in the much larger new version of the A6/A6 Avant. This vacuum would allow VAG to introduce a Skoda Superb Scout without cannibalising Audi's A6 allroad sales. This of course doesn't take into account the perceived quality/prestige,price and badge snobbery issues - just the functionality of an on/off-road hybrid (application, not power). I've got no hang-ups myself as we have both marques in our family, and a Superb Scout would be just perfect.

Would seem a logical solution for VAG also - allow Audi to concentrate on the Q7, 5 and 3 ranges but still have an 'allroad' type vehicle should buyers want an alternative.

• 2 months later...

Bump......so any news/gossip on this surfaced in the last 3 months? There was also chatter (and renderings) suggesting VW were gonna release a Cross Passat at Frankfurt, but that didn't happen.....anyone know anythng about that?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would imagine that would inspire Skoda to make the superb version, and make yet another car thats better than VW's effort :giggle:

Cant see VAG allowing a Superb version the passat is forecast to sell at around £28k. There cant be enough room between an Octavia Scout and Passat Alltrak pricing to slot an attractively priced and profitable Superb Scout in there too.

Some foolish people especially in the UK I think have difficulty seeing beyond the badge.

Cant see VAG allowing a Superb version the passat is forecast to sell at around £28k. There cant be enough room between an Octavia Scout and Passat Alltrak pricing to slot an attractively priced and profitable Superb Scout in there too.

Some foolish people especially in the UK I think have difficulty seeing beyond the badge.

you could say the same about the normal superb, no?

you could say the same about the normal superb, no?

Agreed - slightly OT I know, but about 4 of my colleagues had a first look at my new Superb today, and all of them qere genuinely bowled over at both the size of the car and the level of build quality.

One who has just ordered a Passat Sport saloon couldn't get over how comfortable the seats were and commented that he was concerned that the sports seats in his new one may be too uncomfortable. Similarily, my boss who currently drives an A6 and is keen on an X3 next time round, commented that the Superb had just been voted best tow car by someone or other, and again was very impressed with the car.

Badge snobbery again - I think so.

What about the Superb AllDrive...?

It's on the Skoda Media app.

"The AllDrive special edition is distinctive for its small 4x4 AllDrive badges and 17" two-tone light Callisto wheels. The new Safari metallic beige paint is exclusive to AllDrive models. The rough road package with a higher ground clearance helps conquer unpaved roads. Inside there are attractive new seat covers with special centre sections"

Big question is... will it ever come to the UK...??? I'd certainly be tempted (assuming you could get it in a colour that's not Safari)

Fingers crossed!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hmm, Interesting, but i still cant see the market for a large family-car that's only 20mm higher than the standard, with the same size rims & engine etc etc. Correct me if i'm wrong, but DSG is still only available in the 140 engine, and not 170.

Here's a GoogleTranslate into English:

----

Well-equipped four-wheel Superb Combi

AllDrive offered only to Elegance is a well-equipped car with world-leadingall-wheel drive technology from the Swedish Haldex. The car has a higherground clearance of 20 mm and is equipped with front underrun protection ofmotor and gearbox. Standard equipment on the car include bad roadpackage with reinforced springs, removable tow bar, movable load net andelectric tailgate. You can choose a number of exclusive features includingparking assistant, Bi-xenon headlights with AFS function and panoramic glass roof, Kessy (keyless entry, Start and Exit System), which means you can lock, unlock, and even start and stop the car only by having the key onyou.

Engine options

Superb AllDrive offered to TSI 160 bhp 4x4 DSG TDI 140 TDI 170 4x4 and4x4. DSG is an exclusive automatic dual clutch transmission that shifts in a fraction of a second. It gives you a smooth acceleration that also does not take as much fuel as a traditional automatic.

Construction vehicle

To build your AllDrive select Fabia Combi Elegance and then one of theengine options with the 4x4 that you can read in the text to the left, thenlocated AllDrive as an option at the top of the Version.

Space

The space Superb Combi offer is exceptional, both for passengers andluggage space. The luggage compartment holds 633 liters and can be expanded even further to the 1865 liters by folding the rear seat. We have also seen that the Fabia Combi interior matches the stunning exterior design

----

Interesting to see they've added reinforced springs, a tow bar and elec boot as standard to this model.

Al.

Basicly it is 4x4 Superb, which has rough road package and dragpaket (towbar, electric boot, luggage net), but now it has also scout stile bumpers. Looks like all swedish dealers got their first demo cars in Cappuccino beige. Or is it Safari metallic beige?

Hmm, Interesting, but i still cant see the market for a large family-car that's only 20mm higher than the standard, with the same size rims & engine etc etc. Correct me if i'm wrong, but DSG is still only available in the 140 engine, and not 170.

I am the market for this car. But I will likely have some convincing to get my local skoda dealers to order one. 170hp manual, white with black interior.

The extra 20mm ride height and the underbody protection are what seals it for me, I was looking at the 2wd versions until I saw the photos above. I seem to have a problem with cars like this, I already own two white 4wd diesel manual car. If I can get one of these it will be #3. :giggle:

I live in a region plagued with subarus. Here is a competitor with class, far better engines, a manual gearbox, better reliability record and one that won't look like every other on the road.

Edited by Kiwibacon

we got this in norway too now ! But in a different version ! I didnt need a 4 wd drive so just ordered 2wd but with bad road kit (2 cm higher and protection under engine gearbox) i have also planned to get 225 50 17 tires to get extra 2 cm ride height ! 18 cm in total !

Sounds very interesting, when do you expect delivery?