Is there a single mass flywheel kit for the 2.0 TFSI engine?

Hi guys,

Ive got a 2006 TFSI and its duel mass flywheel sounds on its way out. Its going n to the garage next week for full diagnosis. If it is shot then i would want to fit a sinle mass as a replacement but i dont seem to be able to find a conversion kit for this engine like the 1.9 TDI conversion kit that Skoda do. All i can find are JBS and Backdraft selling hi performance upgrades that are about £750. I just want to do it as cheap as possible to handle the standard ish power.

Can anyone recommend a kit or specific parts to do the conversion please?

Thanks in advance

Jon.

Get your dual mass welded together.

Hi guys,

Ive got a 2006 TFSI and its duel mass flywheel sounds on its way out. Its going n to the garage next week for full diagnosis. If it is shot then i would want to fit a sinle mass as a replacement but i dont seem to be able to find a conversion kit for this engine like the 1.9 TDI conversion kit that Skoda do. All i can find are JBS and Backdraft selling hi performance upgrades that are about £750. I just want to do it as cheap as possible to handle the standard ish power.

Can anyone recommend a kit or specific parts to do the conversion please?

Thanks in advance

Jon.

Get your dual mass welded together.

Will you come and work on my car NOT lol, What about the balance after you have welded it up, Having built up several high performance engines over the last few years the flywheel plays a big part in the running. We used to build engines up and have the flywheel skimmed but always had it re-balanced afterwards.

As said if the car is 5 years old with a bit of milage on stick with another dmf.