Bad sound quality from iPod using MDI

Hi Folks, Long time no speak. Been out driving my amazing Superb. I just love the fact that everyone who gets in it is blown away by the sumptuous quality and space. Ha Ha Ha, but you already know that. :D

I'm having an issue with the MDI interface and my iPod. I have the upgraded sound system and it sounds TERRIBLE.

It's fine if I'm using a phono lead but if I plug it into the MDI cable it sounds really quite nasty.

Has anyone else had this problem?

TimsterC ;o)

Where have the files that you are trying to play come from? They may be low quality.

They were taken right from the original CDs and then converted to MP3 192Kbps. They sound fine through the headphones, aux in, from the sd card, or the HDD. Just terrible from the Ipod through the MDI cable. Also tried other music from an iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4. Both terrible.

There is an AUX input level in the setup of the Columbus somewhere...setting are low / mid / high...I cant remember which is right so play around.

This gives the sound system a heads-up as to the volume coming out of the iPod interface.

Also turn off any EQ settings on the iPod

Edited by Gavn Tobin

I had a similar problem. The speakers were replaced. Now the MDI has failed. That too is being replaced.

The sound quality was great after the speakers and sound cards were sorted.

Phil