skoda superb 2007 aircondition fan problems

hello , i got skoda superb 2007 , run 67000 km only , petrol engine , i got problem with electrical AC fan . sometimes it is not run ? do somebody can help please ? thanks

hello , i got skoda superb 2007 , run 67000 km only , petrol engine , i got problem with electrical AC fan . sometimes it is not run ? do somebody can help please ? thanks

I assume you mean the fan under the bonnet unfortunately like any fan the brushes do wear out you will discover that if you hit it a tap with a bar it will start up. Best to just replace it with one from an 05 onward passat as a new one is expensive

I assume you mean the fan under the bonnet unfortunately like any fan the brushes do wear out you will discover that if you hit it a tap with a bar it will start up. Best to just replace it with one from an 05 onward passat as a new one is expensive

Hello , many thanks for reply , I am here in the middel east and rarely You may find good electrician ?

every body I met , ( it is connected to the car computer ) they said , very funny .

I went to skoda dealer service , they want to renew the fan . note that my car run 60 000 km only and like new .

beside that , I am mechanical engineer & when I disconnect the Temp switch cable THE FAN STARTED ?

the temp switch connected to the radiator suction water hose ? I surprice

Hello , many thanks for reply , I am here in the middel east and rarely You may find good electrician ?

every body I met , ( it is connected to the car computer ) they said , very funny .

I went to skoda dealer service , they want to renew the fan . note that my car run 60 000 km only and like new .

beside that , I am mechanical engineer & when I disconnect the Temp switch cable THE FAN STARTED ?

the temp switch connected to the radiator suction water hose ? I surprice

With VW nothing surprises me - with the car running try tapping the fan motor with a little force it it spins at all then it points to a faulty fan. It is a time consuming job to replace -- bumper off etc, and you do not have to drain the cooling system contrary to VW' invoice for this job. but not a difficult job have had to replace a few on different skoda's and VW passats Do remember the fan only runs on Auto mode

• 11 months later...

With VW nothing surprises me - with the car running try tapping the fan motor with a little force it it spins at all then it points to a faulty fan. It is a time consuming job to replace -- bumper off etc, and you do not have to drain the cooling system contrary to VW' invoice for this job. but not a difficult job have had to replace a few on different skoda's and VW passats Do remember the fan only runs on Auto mode

Sorry for so old bump, but is there any good how to change the fan? I have ATW engine and the fan is toast. Do I really need to put it in the service position and if so, then how?

Afraid you do have to pull out the front its not as bad as it looks 5 screws on each side of the wheel arch a few under the bumper (depending how many havn't shook out) then 3 across the top of the bumper remove bumper. next remove headlights, then front panel slide it forward just enough to get access to the fan I never bother with the pins for this job just support the front panel when you get enough room Off and back on should not take longer than an hour

P.S its also a good time to replace indicator bulbs or any other bulbs that may be in for a while