ESP Light On With Fault Code

56 Reg Octavia VRS

ESP light came on instruments dash and the button below radio which says ESP OFF is also constantly on. Nipped it round for a diagnostics and following fault caode came on:-

1435 Brake Pressure Sensor G201

Brake lights still work. read plenty of theories online but not an actual definite solution/problem to that code..

Any ideas before I hand it in and get the pro's to look at it?

CHeers,

J.

Oh oh, that's the dreaded abs pump pressure sensor failure, used to cost over a grand to fix as you had to have the whole unit replaced but you can now get repair kits from your friendly Skoda dealer for about £150 plus fitting if I remember correctly. There are a few people on here who have had theirs done.

Ian

Yes I did do a quick google and saw prices of £1500, ok if your cars under warranty BUT mine aint so was starting to panic as just paid insurance in lump sum and have holiday in AUgust LOL... Guess I will let the mechanics have a look at it but I should recommend this ABS pump and also the repair kit?

Does your car have full Skoda main dealer service history? If it does I would down my local Skoda dealer demanding a significant goodwill contribution to this known fault. Worth printing off the long running thread on here that documents all members who have suffered the same fault. Also worth quoting "sufficient durability" from the sale of goods act - generally accepted to be 6 years. If I ever suffer this fault I will persue Skoda until they cough up. It's a known manufacturing defect resulting in the loss of a very important safety feature - i would happily take it to the small claims court, but then I am a proper stubbon bugger and I never accept no for an answer :-)

56 Reg Octavia VRS

ESP light came on instruments dash and the button below radio which says ESP OFF is also constantly on. Nipped it round for a diagnostics and following fault caode came on:-

1435 Brake Pressure Sensor G201

Brake lights still work. read plenty of theories online but not an actual definite solution/problem to that code..

Any ideas before I hand it in and get the pro's to look at it?

CHeers,

J.

Can you add your details to the main thread please: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/174385-esp-abs-g201-failure-teves-mk60-list/page__st__100__p__2429889__hl__esp__fromsearch__1#entry2429889

Ta.